You Can't Win If You Don't Gamble

Don't Be So Hard On Yourself

We all have been hard on ourselves. And sometimes we may blame others. My story of this belief is that so many years I've always been so hard on myself. Beating myself up all the time as my way of coping and responding to hard, challenging times that happen in fights and arguments.

And it has finally come to me around maybe a month ago that they have basically trained my brain to respond that way for how they respond. Yeah beat yourself up when you make mistakes and screw up like everyone else does. Like its a good way to handle these high-pressured moments.

But in all reality it's never the right, healthy and positive way to respond and cope with these things. You want to fix things and see better change that we all want? Then stop arguing and fighting and analyze the whole situation in your head.

If needed, talk politely to the others that you need to think it all through first before choosing the way you want to respond and walk away.

"Shame disappears when we feel we're not alone, and someone really "gets" our experience and pain." ~ OCC

This method is the healthy way to make things better by not making any further regrets of anything you would say if you don't walk away to think about it all on your own time

Other than those moments, we have to slowly work on the fact that nobody succeeds the same as everyone else. So don't compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter 20!