Self Belief

Confidence:

Confidence and self-belief stem from positive thinking, talking to others, plenty of practise and in some cases, training. Although we aspire to have more of each, we often struggle to find them.

Our confidence and the belief we have in ourselves can show in many ways - our behaviour, our mood and the way we carry ourselves. Individuals who lack self-belief and self-confidence will often find that certain areas of their lives will be affected. Relationships, career, lifestyle and state of mind can all take a hit unless some action is taken to improve these qualities.

On this page we will delve deeper into the causes of a lack of confidence and will discover how a life coach can help with confidence building. We will also discuss a number of techniques than can enable 'quick wins' in boosting your self-belief.

On this page
Do you lack confidence and self-belief?
How can life coaching improve my confidence and self-belief?
Confidence at work
The benefits of a positive mental attitude
Confidence building tips
Do you lack confidence and self-belief?
Suffering from low confidence and self-worth can be debilitating, but the good news is that they both can be developed with the help of confidence coaching. When you start, the first thing to do is understand your current level of self-esteem. You then have a base to build upon, gradually increasing your self-worth and confidence over time until they become deeply ingrained facets of your personality.

Self-esteem and self-confidence are thought to be made up of a number of factors. These include: physical presence, social confidence, status confidence, peer independence, and stage presence. Your behaviour, your body language, how you react to different situations and how you speak can depict your confidence levels and the amount of belief you have in yourself. Confident people are typically more positive about themselves, whereas those who lack confidence often think negatively and could benefit from confidence coaching.

If you are lacking self-belief and confidence you may feel:

uneasy and shy
uncertain of what you want and who you are
a sense of worthlessness
negative thoughts about your abilities and yourself in general
you are unable to enjoy and relax in situations that you'd like to
as if you haven't got a sense of direction in life.
On the other hand, if you are full of self-belief and confidence you may feel:

greater enjoyment of life in general
comfortable when facing new challenges
excited about new opportunities
confident about your opinions and ideas
a great sense of achievement
respected by other people
at ease in social situations
able to be yourself
sure of yourself and what you want.
Both self-worth and confidence can be developed through confidence coaching either by yourself or with a professional. It may, however, take some time to build upon your current confidence levels. The amount you can gain from coaching is usually very rewarding and is well worth the effort.

How can life coaching improve my confidence and self-belief?
Life coaches come equipped with the tools and techniques to help you develop your confidence and self-belief. Confidence coaching is designed to help you raise your self-image and create a positive outlook on life, starting from within. Life coaching may be able to help you challenge your beliefs that you have about yourself, boost your self-esteem and help you build a strong and positive self-image.

If you truly believe in yourself, so will others. Deeply ingrained confidence and self-worth will make life more enjoyable, exciting and satisfying.

Self-belief or self-confidence
Self-belief or self-confidence are thought to be the way that you feel about your skills, abilities, looks and behaviours. A person who has high confidence levels may learn things quickly, trust that they can complete tasks to a good standard or appear attractive to others. By definition, self-confidence means to have faith in or trust yourself.