chapter 18

Annie's pov:
"Hey, Annie. Can I talk to you alone?" Katie asked, pleasantly. I just shook my head and told her I will be over at her lunch table in two seconds. "What do you think shes gonna tell you?" Gi looked back at her. I just shrug my shoulders and walked to her.

I approached her, then she told me to sit down. "I was thinking about hanging out again," she said. I was about to ask her where, but then she said, "And before you ask where, it would be at my house. For sure," I shook my head and then she told me that she wanted to hang out with me because she had a surprise for me. I kept thinking, "Whatever that surprise is, its gonna be good."

~Friday afternoon~
I was sitting on the couch after gymnastics when Katie texted me, "Come over @ six. It is a sleepover."

I replied with an okay then got my stuff together. I was really excited about this surprise, even though it can be good or bad.

When I got to her house, she opened the door up and told me to go downstairs while she goes and puts my bags upstairs. I awkwardly walked down the steps and then I saw Brennan. (Btw I didn't like him anymore at this time)

"Well, look who we have here," Brennan sarcastically said, then smiled. I smiled back and then Katie came running down the stairs. "Annie, sit there," Katie pointed to a trampoline chair and I went to go sit in it.

"Okay, before anyone asks, yes not one of you know whats going on. And also, no I am not trying to make things awkward, I am trying to make things work," she folded her hands on her lap. "So I am torturing you guys right now because I want to point something out. No, I am not mad anymore about you guys dating, I just was upset that you kept that secret from me. I would've been okay with you guys dating if you told me," I looked at Brennan and he just looked disappointed. Katie continued on with what she was saying. "I felt bad when I yelled at you, Annie. It wasn't right to do that, and I am... sorry. Brennan, it was rude of me to ignore you and not let me talk to you so you could explain. I'm very sorry."

"Katie, I am super sorry also. I should've told you and not keep it for you," I said, and Brennan shook his head after what I said. "It's okay, but how did you keep it from everyone for so long? Like tell me how you even figured out that you liked each other," she laughed.

I sat up and told her, "Okay, I will tell you. It was in like mid-April and you invited me over to work on our first project in math. I knew Brennan before then and liked him, but didn't tell you. When we were playing truth or dare, one of the kids asked Brennan to say who he liked. I got blushy, so I went to your upstairs bathroom."

"Okay, my turn to say what happened," Brennan laughed. "When Annie went upstairs, I told everyone I liked her. All the people over told me to go upstairs and tell her. So, I went upstairs and told her that she liked me, and she said back that she liked me also. Then, we..." Brennan went tuneless.

"Then what?" Katie asked. "We... kissed. On accident," Brennan let out. "We wanted to keep that a secret, because it just happened. But we also really wanted to date. And then I thought that you would be super angry if we dated... so I thought of keeping it to ourselves."
The rest of the story is what you guys know, so there is no point of saying the rest of what we said.

~After we told Katie the whole story~
"Wow... and it all ended after that one day..." Katie said. "Yep, and me and Brennan are super sorry for not saying that we had feelings for each other. I feel really bad," I frowned. "It's totally okay now. Let's get our mind off of it and watch a movie?" Katie suggested.
Me and Brennan agreed and we went through Netflix and watched a movie that I can't remember the title of. I fall asleep during every movie, so I didn't even get to see the whole movie.

That night, I had a dream that Caleb visited me on earth. I was talking to Caleb about the past few years without him. The ups, the lows, the bad and good memories. He said back to me that he knew what was happening the whole time, and that he was watching over us, like a guardian angel. I kept on talking to Caleb, but he eventually had to go. I pleaded and pleaded, but he left.

I opened my eyes and whispered, "Caleb?" and then started tearing up. I sat up and started to cry and look around the room. "Please come back," I said and then cried even more.

Brennan's pov:
I woke up to a sudden crying. It was 3:00 in the morning, if you wanted to know, so it was not the best time for me to wake up. I just grumpily rose up and then saw Annie, crying. I tiptoed over to her and started to hug her.

Annie's pov:
I suddenly felt warm hands on me. "Brennan," I whispered, then cried even more. He started to hug me harder, and I buried my head onto his chest. Brennan softly whispered, "It's okay, what happened?"

"Mem....ory..... Caleb," I worded, then started to calm down. We slowly started to lay back on the floor, still my head on his chest and his arms around me. Brennan stayed there for a while with me, and we fell into a soft sleep. (end of chapter)

an// I needed to bring them back together, you know;) but yah read the next chapter if you enjoyed!!