chapter 16

Annie's pov:
"Annie?!? Brennan?!? What are you doing?!" she yelled. I turned and my face got fire red and I knew this wasn't gonna end well. Katie found us together.

"Uh.... I'm..." I stuttered. Then, I just ran out the door and went upstairs, tears running down my face. I really didn't want this to happen on such a great night.

Katie's pov: (before she sees what they are doing)
I was upstairs in the kitchen with the kids and some of the parents, eating and talking. "Guys, this is so much fun! I'm so happy that Annie decided to invite us over!" Gigi yelled over everyone's voices. All the kids agreed and that is when I looked around to see who was with us. I saw Gigi, Kenzie, Emily, Holly was with her mom, and Jack. But no Annie or Brennan.

"Guys, where's Brennan? And Annie?" I asked, concerned. They all shrug their shoulders, so I said I would be right back and went to look around. First, I went upstairs. They weren't there. Then, I went to go see if Annie was just going to the bathroom. But she wasn't, and then I remembered that she said like 30 minutes before that she was going downstairs. So, as I thought that, I quickly said out loud, "basement."

I went to the basement and then thought that Brennan was playing x-box before, but he wasn't now, which made me confused because he plays x-box all the time. I was silent, so I could hear Brennan or Annie's voices. That worked well, because I heard whispers. That when I saw Brennan and Annie, talking to each other and being really close to each other.

"Annie?!? Brennan?!? What are you doing?!" I yelled, with an angry face. Annie turned and stuttered, then pushed past me, with tears down her face. Brennan was just in complete shock. I went up to Brennan and told him, "What were you doing with Annie?!"

"I...was..." he stammered also. I blurted out, "You and Annie have been weird lately, and I finally know why. You have been dating her, and keeping it from your own sister. Why would you do that? I always tell you my secrets, and you always tell yours to me. Why wouldn't you te..."

"I'm seriously sorry, I didn't want you and Annie to hate each other if you kne..."
"Just don't talk to me," I said, then ran upstairs angrily.

Annie's pov:
I ran into my room and closed and locked to door. I heard some one running behind me when I was running upstairs, so whoever it was banged on my door. "Annie!! Let me in!" I heard Kenzie's voice. "Just leave me alone," I sobbed. She still banged on my door, so I just letted her in. I didn't want to hear her anymore.

"Oh my, what's wrong?" Kenzie asked, closing and locking the door quickly. "Katie found... found out about... me and Bren..." I couldn't even say his name without crying. He probably hates me for texting him to hang out together, and hates me for not closing Caleb's door.

"Annie, it's okay. Shh," Kenzie whispered and patted me. "He hates me... for no...t closing... door," I stuttered, bawling. Kenzie just told me he didn't hate me and then another person knocked on the door. Kenzie went and unlocked the door just to open the door a little bit, but whoever it was pushed the door open. "Annie, why would you do this? I thought I was your friend, the one you can tell anything," Katie yelled.

"You would've... been mad at me for... dating Bren..." I cried even more when I said his name again. I knew he would never talk to me ever in a lifetime after this whole thing happened. I eventually toughened up and walked downstairs and didn't even talk to Brennan. I just wished he wasn't at my house. I wished he was never in my life at that moment.
(end of chapter)

an// hope y'all have or had a great day whatever day you are reading this (no, I am not from Texas. I just like saying "y'all") and yah goodbye ppl😏😀💘😂