chapter 20

Annie's pov:
"Let's go to Ralph's," I whined, leaning my head on Gabe. "Okay, okay. We will go and then we can maybe go back to one of our houses?" He asked, as we were just sitting outside my house in his car. Gabe is a year older than me, so he has his license and is a amazing driver. When we were in the car, I got a text from Katie. This is how our convo went:

K: katie texting ; A: annie texting
K: Hey, gonna be home for the night with all Brennan's friends. Wanna come over?
A: i can come over at like 7:30 because i am with gabe right now
K: Ok, see ya then
A: k bye👋
"Who was that?" Gabe asked, as we pulled into the Ralphs' drive thru. I told him that I had plans with Katie, so weren't able to hang later. He said it was fine and we just got ices and sat with each other.

Brennan's pov:
This night, I was having many friends over, as Annie said, and Katie invited Annie over, so I thought it would be really awkward because we kinda like slept with each other that Friday night. Annie was just my favorite girl because she is not a fake and she cared for me as much as I cared for her. I still love her, but she was dating my worst enemy.

Gabe was my best friend in 6th grade and he was really chill. We hung out with friends after school everyday and even had sleepovers, only us two and with our whole group. He started acting like a big jerk and told our crushes that we liked them. Gabe told my crush, Madi, that I liked her, and me and her were best friends so it got awkward. He eventually got kicked out of the friend group, but then he started hanging with the bad people and acted like one of those fakes. And now he was just trying to act really sweet and nice for Annie. I'm wasn't jealous of Annie and Gabe, I was just trying to keep her safe from his bad behavior.

When Annie came, I opened the door for her, but she just walked past me, not even saying hi to me. It was like she didn't acknowledge me.

Annie's pov:
As I walked in, I was too excited to tell Katie the fun things me and Gabe did on our first date. I saw the door fly open, so I pushed my way through the people and ran to Katie.

"Hey!" I excitedly yelled, jumping right onto her bed. "Wow, looks like some one is happy," Katie laughed.

"Yep! Me and Gabe went to Rita's and hung out. We had so much fun and he was so sweet the whole time. He is amazing," I daydreamed about him. Katie replied with, "Good for you that you found such a great person. And can I just tell you one thing?" I replied with a yes and then she stood up in front of me.

"Okay, whatever I say stays between us two, right?"

I shook my head up and down.

"K. So I wanted to tell you that Gabe used to be really mean to Brennan. He told Brennan's secrets to other people and Brennan doesn't like him anymore. Just please be careful with him because he probably knows about you and Brennan. If he does or says something to you that you don't like or uncomfortable with, just call me and tell me. I will always be by your side."

"Okay, I will trust you. But I love him now, so please don't be all over me and asking me everything about him, not being mean," I said back, then we went downstairs.

As we went into the basement, some one pulled me by my hood of my sweatshirt and into the other room, leaving Katie by herself thinking I was still behind her. The person pulled me all the way into the bathroom and locked the door. I was kinda surprised to see who it was when I turned around.
(end of chapter)

an// heyo i am mardi (rly mary) and i suck at captions😀 learn more about me when you read the next chapter! (you know what i am saying??) anyways, hope you enjoyed🚨💘