Chapter 12: It can't be

Sherlock's POV:

My head was spinning. I grabbed onto the bar and closed my eyes. I felt like I was going to faint.

"Sherlock?" I heard Mycroft ask concerned.

"Irene." I whispered, my hands shaking as my knuckles turned white.

How could he do this to me? Why would he do this to me after all this woman has done to me?

"Why, Mycroft, why? Of all people you choose Her!" I shouted at him. Just then, John appeared by my side.

"Sherlock? Are you ok? You're very pale." John started to panic.

"I'm fine thank you John. Mycroft, please leave with your disgrace of a girlfriend. Get out of my sight! Leave now!" I shouted at my brother.

John's POV:

Mycroft began to walk away just as I caught sight of the woman. I ran over and slapped her around the face.

"What are you doing at my wedding? You were not invited!" I yelled. Her face was a bright shade of pink with a hand mark but I didn't care. Why was this psycho at my wedding?

"I'm Mycroft's 'plus one'. Didn't you know we're together now?" She teased me. "Plus, I have something to show Sherlock."

Sherlock had told me all about her and what she had done. She reminded me so much of Moriarty that I wouldn't be surprised if they were related, but what did she want to show Sherlock?

"Yeah well now you're leaving. Goodbye." I turned and strode back over to my very pale husband.

"Come here." I pulled Sherlock in for a bone-crushing hug and kissed his cheek. How could Mycroft do something to his brother like that?

"Come on then, we've got a wedding to celebrate!" Sherlock pulled away and dragged me back to the dance floor. We danced way into the night under the light of the fairy lights hanging in the trees. Everyone was enjoying themselves by the looks of things. Laughter, chatter and music filled my ears and I was enjoying every moment of it.

A slow song started to play and Sherlock and I swayed to the music. He leaned down and whispered in my ear.

"I love you so much John Hamish Watson-Holmes. Bit of a mouthful now, isn't it?" We chuckled quietly as we swayed.

All of a sudden the music stopped and everyone stood still. We turned to see Irene Adler standing behind the microphone with a small girl balanced on her hip. She had short auburn curls which sat neatly on her shoulders. She looked so innocent. Irene cleared her throat and spoke into the microphone.

"Hello everyone. I hope you're all enjoying the evening. Now, some of you may know me but some may not. So for you who don't, I am Irene Adler. And this beautiful girl here, is my daughter, Rose." She smiled sweetly down at the girl before continuing, "I wonder if you can guess who her father is. He's in this room."

She looked Sherlock straight in the eyes. I turned to see him looking bewildered.

"No, no, no! This isn't right! She can't be mine!" Sherlock started shouting at Irene.