Chapter 6: Accidental Confessions

Sherlock's POV:

I woke up to the sound of the kettle whistling. That blasted kettle. John must have been making tea and forgotten about it, he always takes it off the stove before it whistles.

"OH SHUT UP YOU STUPID THING!" I heard John yell at the kettle as he scurried into the kitchen.

I sighed and rolled over so my feet were dangling off the edge of the bed. I walked silently into the kitchen wearing nothing but my checkered pyjama bottoms, my chest bare.

John slammed the fridge door shut with so much force that it shook and nearly toppled over.

"Hey! Careful, don't break the fridge. What's got you so grumpy about today?" I leaned against the wall as I watched John make the tea. John jumped at the sound of my voice.

"Nothing," He mumbled.

"Sure because I totally believe that," I replied sarcastically.

"Just leave it, Sherlock, just leave it!" John snapped, he slammed his tea on the table and stormed out of the kitchen.

"Alright, alright sorry for caring." I yelled.

I reached over and grabbed John's untouched tea and took a sip. Mmm perfect, just how I like it.

I finished the tea and went to go and have a shower. Just as I was drying off from my shower, the doorbell rang.

"Can you get that John?" I yelled from inside the bathroom. As I stepped out of the bathroom in my fresh clothes, I heard shouting coming from downstairs.

"John? What's happening down there?" I stepped down the flight of stairs just in time to see John being dragged out of the door. He looked unconscious. I grabbed my coat and scribbled a quick note and shoved it at Mrs Hudson and told her "Give this to Mycroft when he comes". I left the house with my hair still dripping and my shirt slightly undone.

Outside the flat was a black car with black tinted windows. John was bundled into the back of the car by a man in a suit. I couldn't see his face as he was turned with his back to me.

Hurriedly, I hailed a cab which stopped right in front of me a few seconds later. I scrambled into the back and told the driver to 'follow that black car, don't lose it'. The cab sped off into the traffic right behind the black car containing John. Sharply, the black car stopped outside a smart looking building. I told the driver to park a little further down the street so that John's kidnappers wouldn't realise I was following. When the cab stopped, I gave the driver a huge amount of money and told him if he waited for me to return, there would be more money to come. He nodded and I climbed out.

Once out onto the street, I ran back to the hotel-looking building John had been taken into. I slowed to a walk as I approached the revolving doors to avoid any more attention than need. I entered the lobby and spotted an unconscious John being dragged down a set of stairs to the side.

Suddenly, a man with a name badge reading, Robert, stood in front of me and asked "Good morning Sir, would you like to check in?"

"No, I'm with them," I said hurriedly and pointed towards John and the kidnappers who were rapidly getting away.

"Ok Sir, have a nice day," He called after me as I rushed away.

I followed the group silently, praying they wouldn't hear or see me behind them. They took John into a room, deep underground I noticed, whilst I stood outside, straining my ears to hear what was being said. I peeked round the door frame and saw John being strapped to a chair, his head hanging down in unconsciousness.

I snuck into the room behind the kidnapper whilst his back was turned and the others were busy tying up John. I grabbed the shoulders of the man, who was seemingly in charge, and spun him around to face me.

"Well. Well. Well. I should've guessed it would be you," I spat in his face, "The great Moriarty strikes again. Or should I say Sherlock Holmes strikes again?" I punched him in the jaw and watched as he fell to the ground, clutching his now dis-functional jaw.

All of a sudden, things started to move quickly. My arms were twisted up behind me whilst my legs were kicked out from underneath me. I landed with a thump onto a hard wooden chair.

I turned to see John, now conscious, watching this happen with a horror struck expression on his face. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, one of the men produced a gun and held it to John's head. I tried to protest, yelling "Don't you dare pull that trigger. You pull that trigger and this won't be the end of it!"

"Say another word and I will pull this trigger and your poor little Johnny-wonny will be dead!" Moriarty threatens teasingly. He smirked and walked out of the room. The other guys followed and left us in silence.

John's POV:

"Sherlock? What happened? How did we get here?" I started to question as I grew more and more flustered.

"You answered the door to Moriarty, he drugged you and made you unconscious, bought you here and I followed. I defended you but then ended up here with you. So overall a very eventful day." He explained.

"What do we do now?"

"We wait for Mycroft to turn up. Always handy to have a brother who understands codes and other important stuff in this situation," Sherlock replied. I smirked at Sherlock as he stopped talking.

"What?" Sherlock asked.

"I love you," No no no, I wasn't meant to say that. Argh help me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to say that, I was thinking of someone else," I tried to cover up my mistake but I got very flustered and it was clear to anyone I was lying.

"I love you too" I heard Sherlock say. I smiled. Then it clicked.

"Wait what? Do you really love me?" Had Sherlock really just said that?

"Yes John. I solved the case and I love you too. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?" He laughed.

"Oh my. I don't know what to say. I didn't ever think you would return my feelings. I was too embarrassed to tell you. I wasn't meant to tell you like this." I smiled sheepishly.

"I didn't think I would ever love anyone, but honestly I've loved you since the day I met you. You're perfect for me. I would kiss you now if we weren't tied up. Seeing a gun held to your head was the hardest thing I've ever witnessed. Knowing you were that close to death." We both smiled so hard at each other, my cheeks hurt.

What a way for him to find out, tied up to chairs and held hostage by Moriarty and for once my big mouth did me a favour. I didn't ever think he would return my feelings. This is the happiest day of my life so far, no matter the circumstances. I smiled to myself at that thought.