Epilogue 2

John's POV:
One Saturday morning, roughly a year after Alex and Harvey's wedding, I was sat in my old sagging arm chair contemplating what we should do for the day. The shrill sound of my phone ringing startled me slightly and woke me from my trance. Sherlock, who was currently laid across the sofa in his mind palace, didn't even flinch at the sound filling the silence of the room. Harvey's name appeared on John's phone as the caller ID.

"Hey Harvey, how are you?" I answered with a genuine smile. I was always pleased to speak to his son. Sherlock looked over at John when he heard their sons name mentioned. The pair on the phone chatted away about what they had both been up to lately whilst Sherlock deduced Harvey's real reason for phoning. He's going to ask us to babysit Clarity for him, Sherlock thought. He smiled to himself as he stared up at the white ceiling, Sherlock loved watching John with baby Clarity. Baby Clarity was Harvey and Alex's new born baby.

When I finally ended the call with Harvey I turned to see Sherlock still staring into space, probably still in his mind palace.
"He wants us to babysit for him doesn't he?" Sherlock asked suddenly,shocking me slightly.
"Yup." I popped the p.
"And he's on his way here now isn't he?" Sherlock concluded. Yet again I replied with a "Yup". The detective smiled again, pleased with his correct deductions. I peacefully went back to contemplating meanwhile Sherlock returned to his mind palace. We sat in a comfortable silence until the doorbell rang.

Grinning at each other, the detective and I ran down the stairs and swung the door open.
"Hey guys come on in." I greeted the family on our doorstep. We each hug Harvey with a pat on the back and then carefully kissed Alex on the cheek and then Baby Charity on the head. She was fast asleep in Alex's arms and looked ever so relaxed. Her tufts of hair stood on end but made her look even more adorable.

As a family we all made our way upstairs to our flat and sat down.
"So where are you off to then?" I quizzed them.
"We're going for a weekend break in Paris. It was a surprise from Harvey and he only told me this morning."
"Ah yes I was meant to tell you John that I had signed us up to babysitting last Tuesday when Harvey told me." He looked sheepish, "Sorry I forgot. I got called out on a case and it slipped my mind."
"Oh Sherlock, what are we going to do with you? Wait so that's how you knew why Harvey called!" I chuckled and stroked his arm. He was currently sat on the arm of my chair.

A little while later the couple left Clarity with us and off they went for their little holiday. We loved looking after Clarity because she was such a lovely baby. It was times like this that I wished we had found Harvey earlier so he wouldn't have been shipped between foster carers and care homes as a tiny baby. The weekend whizzed by and soon it came to be an hour before Alex and Harvey were due back. Sherlock and I had played all weekend with Clarity and Sherlock had also stayed up at night with her whilst she cried. We were now both exhausted but we had also had one of the best weekends.

"Hey John, I was just thinking," Sherlock started before he was interrupted by me.
"Uh Oh." I said with a playful smile.
"Yeah anyway I was thinking, now Alex and Harvey have a baby and Harvey is our son, doesn't that make us grandparents?" Sherlock asked.
"For a genius you can be a little slow sometimes Sherlock," he joked and gave him a kiss on the cheek as they watched Clarity crawl across the carpet to get to her monkey toy.