Miracles in December

BaekChen.

Chen sat at the windowside of Baekhyun's room. A tear slipped down his cheeks. He let out a dissappointing sigh of despair as his eyes wandered at the birds chirping happily on their garden tree.

"Chen?" The door opened.

Chen quickly wiped his tears with the back of his hands before turning over to face Luhan, his best friend.

"You should rest. I can help at the massage." Luhan said.

"No. I insist. Maybe Baek would wake up today. I could feel it." Chen said firmly.

"Chen....you SHOULD rest. Please, for Baekhyun?"

"......."

"That's an alright then." said Luhan , taking Chen's hand and leading him out to the door, closing it from behind.

Chen stood, not moving outside the door. He couldnt help but hope, for Baek to wake up. A year before today..it's all his fault, for letting Baek drive alone, knowing that he doesnt like to wear his spec, causing car accident. And after that, Baek was in coma..for a year already. The doctor already gave up on Baek. But Chen would never. And Luhan would support Chen. Chen hadnt sang for such a long time. He used to sing duos with Baek. But now Baek isnt here, what's the point of singing?

Luhan sat beside Baek's bed and massaged his hands and legs softly to prevent sore. He sighed softly.

"Baek ah..when are you going to wake up? Chen is getting worse.."

No response. Not even a move of finger.

Luhan cleared the things and stepped out. But he did not see , that Baekhyun fought , and his fingers trembled.

Luhan found his friend lying on the desk.

"Hey. Let's sing to Baek. I got a feeling it would help."

"Sing?..I dont really have the mood."

"Come on..let's try."

"....."

Luhan grabbed Chen's arm without getting a response and went into Baek's room.

They sang Miracles in December. There was suppose to be a part for Baekhyun, but they help cover his part. They sang in harmony and this was the first time Chen really enjoyed singing since Baek was in coma.

They reached Baek's last part and Luhan was about to fill in when they heard a soft humming, continueing the song.

Chen froze and looked towards Baekhyun. And there he was, lying weak, eyes opened, a smile plastered on his cherry lips.

Chen clutched forward, almost tripping and embraced Baek. Tears fell out uncontrolably on Chen's cheeks. Baek removed his breathing device and Chen leaned in to kiss him. It felt so good to have Baek back.

"Thank you...thank you...thank the gods..." Chen kept murmuring. He hugged Luhan as a thank you. And kept whispering I love yous in Baek's ears.

"Hey...I wanna hear you sing again. That's why I woke up." Baek breathed out.

"Okay. Anything for you." Chen said, smiling .

He sang with luhan as a lucky star shot across the sky. Snow fell softly as they were reunited.

What a miracle in December. :)