4. Narrow Escape!

Sanam's POV:

'Alright, this place is huge', I was thinking to myself while walking silently through the corridor. The show was about to start in fifteen minutes and Samar had landed me into a messy situation. He had spilled his can of soft drink on my t-shirt. Though it was all black, yet the huge stain was visible. So, I was looking for the washroom. I had walked the entire length of one corridor, and was about to enter another one, when I found the sign to the Gents Washroom.

When I came out, I tried to locate the route through which I had reached there

When I came out, I tried to locate the route through which I had reached there. I started walking back through the corridor when I heard something. The sound of someone talking, but the strange thing was that I didn't hear a second person involved in the conversation. As I walked forward, the sound became louder, and I became curious. I walked up to a door when I decided to peep inside.

'No, you can't be doing this. It's a woman's voice, and you can't possibly look inside.' A voice in my head advised me to walk ahead. I dropped the idea and decided to go back.

"NO WAY!"

Oh my God! What was happening, the person inside was shouting in frustration. I chucked all other thoughts and at once peeped through the door.

"YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO DO THAT, OK? Relax Gul. Just relax. Take a deep breath, and listen to me. The reputation of the college relies on you, DO NOT MESS IT UP!"

 The reputation of the college relies on you, DO NOT MESS IT UP!"

This is how I first saw her...

A young girl, in an ivory coloured floaty dress, with an anxious look on her face. She was talking to her reflection in the mirror. Rather, scolding herself.

"Hmmm... Gul think of something you like..." She looked around for some inspiration. "Chocolate! Yes, chocolate donuts!! Just close your eyes and imagine your afterparty with chocolate donuts!" She closed her eyes. "Mmmm... I want them now!" She mumbled with her eyes closed. She is making my mouth water at the mention of chocolate donuts too!

 She is making my mouth water at the mention of chocolate donuts too!

There were donuts dancing in my mind!!!

She woke me from my trance when she started speaking again...

"My girls are going to really fight with me if I have all the donuts for myself! I'll get a white chocolate one for Ananya, she is going to love it!" She smiled excitedly at the thought and then looked at herself in the mirror again. Her expression changed again. "NO!!! This ain't helping! Try something else GUL!!!"

Why am I even standing here... Lets go Sanam!

Just when I was about to leave, she started again...

"Dekh {Look}, you can do it, and you know that. Bas now relax and don't get stressed alright? And you know what Mr. Sharma is going to say, 'Beta, humein aap par bahaut garv hai. Tum humare college ki shaan ho beta!' {Dear, We are very proud of you. You are the pride of this college!} She spoke in an artificial, heavy voice.

And she laughed at her mimicry. She looked so, so... at ease with herself, though her face was red with anxiety. I suddenly knew why I was standing and listening to her. There was something unique about her, I didn't exactly know what. Just then, my phone rang. Oh Freak! My hands fumbled through my jeans' pockets, and I switched the ringer off as soon as my hands found it inside the pocket. Too late. She had sensed someone's presence and became alert at once. But as soon as she turned towards the door, I hid myself. I took no time to think before I started walking away from the room.

Whoa, narrow escape! I said to myself as I reached my seat beside Keshav

Whoa, narrow escape! I said to myself as I reached my seat beside Keshav. The show had already begun and the host had started to introduce the college authorities.

I just hope she didn't see me.

*******************************************************************

Author's Note:

Hello Guys! Here is another update for all of you! So Sanam has seen Gul, but Gul doesn't know about it... At least Sanam thinks so! Imagine if Gul has already seen him? She would gaga over the fact that Sanam is here to see her performance! Do you think she has seen him? Tell me in the comments' box below!😊

And also, I want to thank all of you for reading; Thanks to all of my readers! This has really motivated me! And you know what would motivate me to write more? Your comments and feedback! So please tell me what do you feel about the characters and the story... You can 'Personal Message' me as well! Looking forward to hearing from you!

So keep reading! And vote if you liked this one!

"Once a #SANAMian, always a #SANAMian!!!😘😘😘

*******************************************************************