21. Yes?

Sanam's POV:

Today was fun. Too much fun! Gul and her friends were so amiable! It was not really difficult to be normal around them. And by normal, I mean, at our craziest! And I guess the guys would also hold the same opinion. I think that's the reason why we were talking about it in the car while we went to the jam room. Although the day was almost over, we decided to jam a little; and practice once more before recording our next single.

By the time, we were done jamming, it was already 9 p.m. I didn't mention it to the guys but I was eagerly waiting for Gul's call... She had said that she would tell me tonight. My fingers were crossed, mentally, and I kept hoping that her answer won't be a 'no'. But while all this anticipation was taking over my brain, I couldn't help remembering the way we spent time today. Today, I felt that something different happened between us... It was like, we were comfortable with each other; or at least I was. Only a couple of hours ago, her presence was making me feel nervous, but I don't really know what happened when we went to their place. It felt so homely, so warm, there... As if, it was a place where I could see myself hanging out and having fun with them. In short, I could see a friend in her. I wish she could too, because today, I thought she spoke to me more freely; not awkward at all, and I loved that. All in all, I just loved 'today'!

We wrapped up for the day and returned to our apartment. I went up to my room to freshen up, not even for once parting with my phone. However, I couldn't take it in the shower with me so I left it outside, and rushed with my activities so that I don't miss her call. Unfortunately, or fortunately I should say, there was no missed call till I returned from the restroom. We were having a pizza party tonight so I had to join the others downstairs for dinner. I was on the stairs when I got a message:

Instead of replying to this, I called her up

Me: "Hey! Ssup?" I was about to reach downstairs but I decided to take a U-turn and go upstairs again. 

Her: "Hi..." She said softly.

Me: "I'll tell you something..."

Her: "W... What?" As if she expected something shocking coming from the other side.

Me: "You can call me anytime...!" I told her assuringly.

Her: "Ohh... Ah.. Thanks!" It was like she wasn't listening to me at all. Why was she behaving like this? I hope everything's okay...

Me: "Is everything okay?" I finally asked.

Her: "Umm... Ya... It's just that, just that... I had a talk with my parents right now..." Oh no... I guess this was the result that I dreaded!

Me: "And?..."

Her: "Unhone kaha ki... {They said that...}"

Me: "Ki...? {That...}?"