24. I wish...

Gul's POV:

I knocked on my room's door very softly. After a while, it was opened by Shipra and though I had hoped that she might be studying, I stepped inside to find the rest of them also comfortably seated inside our room. I greeted them with a cheerful 'hi' even though I didn't really feel very cheerful. The reason, well, it might just sound funny, so I choose not to speak about it...

Ananya: "So...! How was your day??" She was wearing an excited smile.

Me: "Superb!" I think I can act... Even if just a little...

Rishika: "Can you believe Ki Kabhi Aisa ho sakta tha? {Can you believe that this could ever happen?} Well I can't..."

Me: "What??"

Rishika: "That we'll wait for you to come home so eagerly...! 😝"

Me: "Ha Ha! So funny!" I said sarcastically.

Ananya: "Arre you forget her and tell us... How was your day? As in what happened there?" I was wondering why they're so interested when I was suddenly reminded of the request they had asked me to make to the guys.

Me: "It was good and yes... They are on tour for 2 weeks and they'll be leaving day after tomorrow... So there isn't any scope for them to come here this weekend..." I tried to say all this in a calm and indifferent tone, and I guess I succeeded 'cause none of them could really make out the disappointment in my voice. Well, no one could do that usually but I wonder how Sanam got to know when none of the others did...

Shipra : "Ohhhhhhh... Chalo koi nahi {Never Mind}...We can do this after they return... But wait a second! They won't be here for 2 weeks?!" Shipra had some sudden realisation.

Me: "Ya...?!" I was confused at her question.

Shipra: "Would that mean they won't be here for your birthday???" The topic that I didn't want to discuss...

Me: "Yeah I guess... " I spoke as if it didn't really matter. Coming to think of it, it really didn't. Not that they were going to throw a big bash on my birthday. They don't even know it's my birthday! It will be like every year... I'll be having a great time with my friends and I think that'll be more important... Good try, Gul... Sorry but it won't help you for long...

Shreya: "Man!!! This is so not good!!!"

Me: "Yup... But I don't think it's very bad either! I think the five of us together are too much fun... We don't need anybody else, right?" Keep going Gul...

Ananya: "Listen, you fool someone else alright! Mujhe pata hai ki tumhara bahaut mann tha unke saath apna birthday celebrate karne ka {I know that you really wanted to celebrate your birthday with them}..." I knew they'll understand...