8. Excuse Me?

Gul's POV:

"Do you have your phone?" I asked my aunt. She had come to Mumbai few days back; some relative of hers was unwell. She was returning now and I had taken the responsibility to drop her to the airport. I was giving her a last minute recheck of whether she had all her essentials.

"Yes I have it. I think that's all beta. Thank you so much for your help!" She showed her gratitude by giving me a bright smile.

"Come on! I didn't do anything at all! And apno ko bhi koi thanks bolta hai kya? {Does anyone thank his/her loved ones?}"

"Tu yahaan aake bahaut kucch seekh gayi hai! {You have learnt quite a few things since you've come to this city!} I can see a very confident young lady in you... God bless you beta!" 

 We were just in time for the flight. With those words, I helped her for her security check-in and she went in after that.

 With those words, I helped her for her security check-in and she went in after that

My phone rang, it was Shreya. "Listen, get some donuts for me no!" she demanded. "Okay..." I replied as i quickly searched for the donut booth and started walking towards it. "Wait! What flavour do you want?"

"Read out the menu to me please!" She was certainly in a mood to annoy me

"Read out the menu to me please!" She was certainly in a mood to annoy me. "Chocolate fudge, chocolate truffle, vanilla, strawberry, pineapple —" I stopped reading after I noticed the guy standing beside me... Black cap, orange T-shirt this time, and blue jeans. Worst part: He took his order and turned his back towards me, AGAIN! I'd had enough now... This time I am not letting him to get away! I left the menu card on the counter and started towards the direction he was going...

But wait! Why am I following him in the first place? He wasn't stalking me, and I shouldn't be bothered in any way... So why the hell am I acting so funny? And while all these thoughts were dancing in my mind, I stood stationary with one foot out and my phone glue to my hand on one side and my ear on the other... And all the people passing by gave me weird looks... Shreya who was on the line screamed her lungs out: "Gul, GUL???? Kahaan gayi??? {Where've you gone?} GUL!!! Are you FINE? GUL! Answer me!!! GUL!"

And suddenly I came back to the world. My thoughts settled on the decision that I am going to go upto him and ask him why was he outside the green room the other day, if at all he is the same guy. But I know he is the same guy! Yes! I am doing this!!

I saw him at a distance now, but not so far that I couldn't catch up with him... I rejected Shreya's with a "I'll call you in a bit" and quickened my pace... When I was close enough I called out, "Excuse me?" No. He didn't hear me... I went further. I had reached him now. I went and stood in his path. "Excuse me? Hi. Sorry for scaring you like this. May I have a word with you?" I couldn't really see his expressions because of the cap and shades. Yes, he was wearing black aviators.

" I don't know if I am talking to the right person right now, but I just wanted to confirm if you had attended a fund raiser at a college few weeks ago?" I could only see his eyebrows raised

" I don't know if I am talking to the right person right now, but I just wanted to confirm if you had attended a fund raiser at a college few weeks ago?" I could only see his eyebrows raised... "Ummmm... Alright, I know I look like a total freak right now but I am just asking cause I saw someone like you outside my green room, and ever since that day I've been thinking about who could it be, that's why I wanted to know—"

Before I could complete my question, he dramatically took off his shades. Something weird happened. Everything became hazy around me...

*******************************************************************

Author's Note:

Heya guys! What do you think about this one? Has Gul finally met him? What would she say to him? On that note, I'd want to ask all of you reading this, tell me how'd you react when you met your idols? I want it all in the comments' box below!😃 Also, there are many who are just silently reading and not letting me know if they are really liking what they're reading... So my message to all of them is that please don't hesitate in commenting... If you don't want to comment in public, you can also inbox me! I love to interact with people! So I'm waiting!!😄😄😄

One more important thing, yesterday evening, I opened the previous chapter to find that half of it had been deleted. It might just be a system problem. I had to rewrite it anyway, but I want help from you guys... If you are reading and if you find something unusual in the chapter, please let me know. For example, my chapters always end in an author's note and the last line is undoubtedly:

'Once a #SANAMian, always a #SANAMian!!!😘😘😘'

And there can be more instances which I cannot remember right now, but I know you guys are well acquainted with my style of writing by now. So please tell me if anything is wrong. Also if the pictures are not visible to you, I'll upload them once again, you just need to tell me!😊

The author's note is too long today, so I'll just wrap up now!

Once a #SANAMian, always a #SANAMian!!!😘😘😘

*******************************************************************