28. Awkwardness...

Gul's POV:

My eyes strained open into the sunlit room. My body felt so stiff that I couldn't move a single part of it. I looked around to find myself in a different place. Struggling to sit up, I realised that this place was new to me, though not very unfamiliar. I was in Sanam's apartment. Sanam! Suddenly the events of last night came pouring in. My head ached, thinking of what had happened. Although I didn't remember anything very clearly, all I could see when I closed my eyes was his face, so close to mine that I choked on my own breath. What an idiot I am! Yeh kya Ho gaya mujhse? {What was that I did?} I shouldn't have drunk so much... Now what do I do? What do I say to him???

With all this running in my mind, I stepped out of bed

With all this running in my mind, I stepped out of bed. I stretched myself and walked a few steps around the room to find my footwear neatly placed in a corner. That's when I realised that I wasn't wearing my shrug as well. I looked around to find it on the bed itself, beside where I was sleeping. I slid my arms into it. Would he be outside? How will I face him? I tiptoed to the door and peeped outside to see if he was around. I wonder where the others are?  But there was no one there and so I decided to go out.

I went up to the kitchen but he wasn't there too. I assumed that he might be still sleeping. It was just 7 a.m. I think I must leave before he wakes up. At least then I'll not have to face him... I was about to turn around and go back to the room when I heard something. It was the sound of footsteps. I turned around to follow the sound. There he was, standing in front of me.

He kept standing several feet apart, without a word

He kept standing several feet apart, without a word. I couldn't look him in the eye after what had happened last night. I turned away to go to my room, when:

Sanam: "Ummmmmmm... How are you feeling now?" After my shameless behaviour last night, he is still bothered about how I'm feeling?

Me: "Okay..." I said, half turning around, just to answer him. I turned back and started walking towards the room. I could feel his eyes on my back, but I decided to escape this awkward situation as soon as possible. I didn't know how to react to anything he said.

I put on my footwear and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I had decided to leave immediately; I felt all the more guilty in his presence. As I gathered up my things (phone, bag etc.), I was suddenly reminded that the shoot was beginning today evening. How will I be able to act normally with him?? I was getting more and more anxious with every passing moment. My head was already throbbing with pain, and all this was driving me crazy.