22. Coffee Date...

Gul's POV:

Gul what's wrong with you!!!???? You just made him feel that you're doing him a FAVOUR! Just imagine what'll he think about you! You're one STUPID GIRL GUL!! Please do something to undo this! NOW!!!

Me: "I mean... Of course! That'll be a pleasure!" I spoke in the most excited tone I could manage. Sorry sorry SOOOO sorry Sanam... I just get so nervous when you're in front of me...

I tried to read his expression. Nope, he doesn't look disappointed... Thank God! But why is he staring at me anxiously? He was gesturing something to me with his eyes. I looked at him carefully to understand what he wanted to say which he couldn't say out loud.

He mouthed 'Say No'. He even nodded slightly to make me understand what to do. I had understood what he wanted to say. There's probably some confusion here...

Me: "Oops! I almost forgot... I have to reach the hostel before 9 p.m... I think I'll be late... Maybe some other time. Sorry Sanam..." I did what he wanted me to. He gave me a weak 'thumbs up' hiding his hand from the guys, standing behind him. 

Sanam: "Ohhh... Chalo koi baat nahi... {Okay, no problem...} Some other time..." And he gave me a fake smile and turned to face the guys. The guys looked disappointed. What's happening here?

Samar: "Just a minute... Gul, what time did you say you have to reach?" Samar looked at me seriously.

Me: "Nine..." 

Samar: "Arre it's just 7 abhi {now}... You guys can conveniently go and return within 2 hours!" He tried to convince me. I didn't know what to say now. Sanam didn't want me to say yes (Okay, this was very disappointing, but it's fine...) and Samar and the guys were looking up to me. Now what am I to do?

Just then, Sanam half turned towards me and I looked at him in anticipation. He sighed and slowly blinked once, gesturing me to agree. I looked at him for another second, waiting for further instruction, but when he didn't do anything else, I looked at the three of them once again.

Me: "Ummm... Okay... Ya... Sorry, I thought it's already 8..." The lamest excuse you could ever make, Gul! You're just HOPELESS!!

Keshav: "Perfect! Then I don't think you guys should waste any more time because you know, distances in Mumbai... And not to mention, traffic!"

Samar: "Exactly! So..." 

He came up to us and placed each of his hands on our backs. And then, before I realised, he was guiding us to the door. Let's say, almost pushing us out. I looked at him and then Sanam, trying to understand what the hell was happening! As we reached the door, Samar opened it and made us step out. 

Samar: "Bye guys! Have fun! Do click selfies! Now go... " Keshu and Venky were waving us from inside. I looked at Sanam from the corner of my eye to see his reaction. I guess he was as dazed as I was. 

When Samar closed the door at our faces, I looked at Sanam for an explanation. Instead of saying anything, he held my wrist and dragged me to the parking lot while I kept my mouth shut except for a "What's happening Sanam?" once. But he didn't reply, nor did he stop, till we reached his car. 

Sanam: "Okay..." Both of us were out of breath. He took a deep breath and began: "Listen, I'm really sorry! Like REALLY sorry!! This was not my idea! Not at all... See, it is just a part of a stupid bet, and it's absolutely okay if you wanna go home. I'll drop you..." He said it all in a rush that I couldn't really get it for a second, but then it was clear. This was the penalty of some bet, which he had lost. Quite disappointing...😞​