25. Best Birthday Ever!!!

Sanam's POV:

Gul: "Ummmmmm... No...Actually it's my birthday today..."

I couldn't believe what I just heard!

Me: "Birthday? Like the day when you were born!!??" Okay, too lame Sanam!

Her: "No! The day I started walking!" Gul was at her sarcastic best.

Me: "Really? You celebrate that too? Well then it should be called 'Walkday' instead!!"

Her: "Sanam!!!" She sounded irritated but she giggled. "Shut up!!" And she laughed a little more. I subconsciously accompanied her.

Me: "Okay okay... On a serious note now... Why didn't you tell me?" I was finally coming to the point.

Her: "Ummmmmm.... Maybe because you never asked?!"

Me: "Hey! But this is not done!" My annoyance was only mildly evident in my tone.

Her: "Happy Birthday???"

Me: "Oh yeah! Sorry! A very very Happy Birthday to you Gul!" Sanam! Silly you!!

Her: "Thank you!!" She said in her usual cheerful voice.

Suddenly, my attention was drawn to the music and noise in the background. She was celebrating.

Me: "Okay, I know you're busy... Party Khatam ho jaaye, toh mujhe message kar dena {message me once the party is over}... Samar, Keshu, Venky and Ben would want to wish you as well..."

Her: "What about your concert?"

Me: "Ms. Birthday Girl... You seriously are too busy to keep track of the time... Abhi toh bas dopahar hai yahaan! {It's just the afternoon here!}"

Her: "Oh haan{yes} sorry!!! Okay I'll message you..."

I disconnected the call. It is her birthday today and I didn't even know! What the hell man!! I could've done something special for her... But the day isn't over for me yet...

I had a cute little plan to surprise her, though her birthday would be over by then. So what? At least I can satisfy my guilt a little...

We were in the hotel and there were a few fans who had come to meet us, so all of us were in the lobby downstairs. I had called up Gul once we were done and back in our rooms, but the rest of them decided to collect in Keshu's room instead. I went there and informed the guys of this latest piece of news that I had received.

Samar: "Gul's birthday???? Wow! And she didn't even give us a hint!"

Keshu: "Yes dude, like seriously? She knew about our tour... And she definitely knew that her birthday is on the day of the concert..." They were stating facts but I don't think it affected them as much as it affected me.

Venky: "Sanam, how did you get to know?"

I told them our little conversation, trying my best not to sound annoyed. But why am I annoyed? Frankly speaking, I have no idea! Maybe because, I wanted to do something special for her... But I had never thought that I would be doing something special on her birthday... I had not even asked her her birth date, then how can I be thinking that I would do something to make her happy! Well of course she is happy, partying with her friends... But what can be the reason of her not telling me? Or us rather...

My brain was working at full speed. All these thoughts made me even more uncomfortable. Where on one side I chided myself for such stupid behaviour, on the other side I couldn't help ignoring the fact that it was her special day and I was not able to do ANYTHING for her! The guys didn't really discuss about this much, except for concluding that we must wish her at least. I told them that she will be messaging me once she's free and they seemed content with the idea of the video chat.