7. The Familiar Stranger/ Fingers Crossed!

Gul's POV:

Weeks later...

I had decided to go shopping that evening, after college, with Nimra. She was also one of my friends and she had to attend a wedding the coming week. So, I had accompanied her to suggest her something that would suit her...

We went to a store and started browsing through the lehengas and suits... Nimra went to try a beautiful blue lehenga in dressing room while I searched for more attires.

All of a sudden my attention was caught by someone in the store opposite to the one I was in... I could see his back; black T-shirt, blue jeans and a black cap... I was immediately reminded of the day of my performance; the guy who I found outside the green room! I had seen him twice (probably thrice now) but I couldn't see his face even once! I wasn't really sure if he was the same guy, but somehow I couldn't ignore the fact that even if it was somebody else, I was reminded of that guy!

Chhod de Gul, bahaut sochti hai tu! I checked myself and got back to my business...

Nimra peeped out of the dressing room and was looking around eagerly for me. I ran up to her and she let me in. The lehenga had fit her just perfect! It was suiting her so much that we didn't really waste time in analysing it; she bought it instantly!

 The lehenga had fit her just perfect! It was suiting her so much that we didn't really waste time in analysing it; she bought it instantly!

She looked so pretty, I couldn't take my eyes off her lehenga... (And Her of course!)

While she was paying for her dress, I looked towards that guy again, but he had gone by then. Is it a mere coincidence or something else? I don't know why am I thinking about it anyway... I was lost in my thoughts...

When we were on our way back, Nimra was asking me about other accessories that she could wear with her new possession. She soon realised that I was not really listening to her...

"Kya hua tumhe? Kahaan kho gayi, Gullu? {What happened to you? Where are you lost?}" She held me by the shoulder and shook me out of my thoughts.

"Nah, nothing yaar! Just a little confused..."

"Confused? About what? Is everything okay?"

I told her about everything... After listening to me, she was smiling to herself. "What is it? Why are you smiling Nims?" I felt a little annoyed. 

" Arre you don't even know who he is... Toh itna concerned kyun hai? {Why are you so concerned?} I think 'Dil ka connection' hai koi! {I think there is some Heart-to-Heart connection}" She started giggling to herself as she saw my exasperated expression.

"As if..." I rolled my eyes. " Don't use your brain too much, please!" She was laughing uncontrollably by now.

Maybe all these things were hinting to something that I couldn't really understand... But what?

*******************************************************************

Sanam's POV:

"So it's a 'YES' from everybody? Right?" Samar confirmed one last time as we waited for Ben to come to his cabin.

"Well, whose idea was it anyway? You or Sanam?" Keshav inquired.

"Ummm... To be honest, it wasn't mine!" Samar answered and smirked at me. I ignored him this time. "Yup, mine... Why do you ask Keshu?" I tried to look calm.

"Nope, just like that... I hope you are sure about this, cause you know this is our biggest project ever! It's not just another music video, it's a short film with two songs... And we really need someone talented..." Keshav was concerned. And why shouldn't he be, it was a very new concept and we wanted it to go really well.

"We are not taking her right away. We'll have to ask Ben first, then her, then she'll have to appear for a screen test..." I assured all of them.

" Ya ya alright dude! Take it easy! If all goes well, then she'll be a part of this venture, am I right guys?" Venky winked.

What? Venky you too? No way man! I thought someone was on my side here...

"Hey Guys! What's up?" Ben entered the room with a very bright smile. Samar and I instantly looked at each other. Samar signalled me to begin.

"Hi Ben! Actually we need to talk to you about something... s... something important..." I was fumbling with words. However, I managed to tell him. He was scratching his chin and thinking about it... I was waiting eagerly for his answer. I was almost mentally crossing my fingers that he agrees! Oh please Ben! Don't say no!!!

While there was silence in the room, I stole a look at the rest of them. They were giving me dirty looks. "What?" I gestured. All of them rolled their eyes in unison. "Hmmmm...." Finally he spoke!

" Not a bad idea Sanam. She sure was a talented girl. Besides, we need fresh faces, isn't it?!" Was this a yes? Is he ACTUALLY considering my idea?

" So, I guess I'll contact the college authorities right away" He concluded with a very bright reassuring smile.

Yayyyyy!

"So get back to work guys, are your songs ready for recording yet?" Ben asked all of us. "Almost done, just finishing touches..." I answered very excitedly. I realised that I was getting a bit too excited. I need to control myself... 

*******************************************************************

Author's Note: 

Hey Lovelies! I hope you liked this 'DOUBLE DHAMAKA'!!! So the scenario now is that Gul is thinking about this guy, he is all over her mind... The funny part is that she doesn't even know WHO he is!!😜😜 

On the other hand, SANAM has decided that they want to work with Gul! Oh how I wish someone told her this, she would go totally crazy!!!!😄😄😄

So what do you think is going to happen now? Do you think that everything would go smoothly: Will Ben go and talk to the college authorities right away? Or something else might happen before that (!!SPOILER ALERT!!) Please tell me your predictions in the comments' box below!!

Thank you all for reading!

Please keep voting and commenting!

Once a #SANAMian, always a #SANAMian!!!😘😘😘

*******************************************************************