13. The Coincidence...

Sanam's POV:

"Where have you been????" Samar almost yelled as I sat in the back seat of the cab. Keshav was on the passenger seat and Venky was sitting on Samar's left. I had already sent her an email during my journey from the airport exit and the parking lot.

"Ummmm... Actually..." I didn't know whether telling them at this point of time was alright. But I have to tell them anyway. "I came across a fan..." I started.

"That took you so much time?" Keshav inquired patiently. "She was... not ANY fan..." Man!!! Just speak up Sanam!! "She was Gul..." I just hoped no one remembered her name.

"If I'm not wrong, isn't she that girl.. the girl from the performance?" Venky said nonchalantly, not moving his gaze from his phone. "Exxxaaaccctlllyyyy......" I tried to answer as casually as the question was asked.

Samar and Keshav looked at me in question. "Look, I was bringing the donuts and suddenly she came in front of me and —" I stopped. I better not tell them the guy-outside-the-green-room part. "Well she came in front of me and when she saw who I was, she fainted." Now all the three were looking at me as if they didn't believe me. "What? Seriously, I am not kidding!"

Samar: "Why is it that you are the one who talk about this girl, notice her talent and all, and she comes across you? Are you sure you don't know her already? I mean, there's something really fishy about all this

Samar: "Why is it that you are the one who talk about this girl, notice her talent and all, and she comes across you? Are you sure you don't know her already? I mean, there's something really fishy about all this..." His eyes narrowed.

Keshav: "Well, it sounds a little weird to me as well... But it can be a pure coincidence, trust me on that, such things happen..."

All of a sudden, the 3 pairs of eyes shifted their focus to Keshu. "Hey hey hey! Keshu! What's on huh?" I teased him, moreover because I wanted them to stop harassing me like this.

"No way! I am just saying

"No way! I am just saying..." Keshav made a straight face. "Anyway, coming back to you Sanam..." Samar continued. Why the hell is he behaving like this?

"Bhai, why are you using your brain so much? It was a mere coincidence. Even I was surprised to see her, and to be honest, I couldn't even recognise her for a minute!" Sanam, jhoot mat bol {Sanam don't lie}!

"Okay okay... I was just teasing you yaar! Chill!", and he burst out laughing. I made a disgusted face but I couldn't help laughing at the fact that my brother just behaved like an 'elder brother', even though it was just for fun!

 I made a disgusted face but I couldn't help laughing at the fact that my brother just behaved like an 'elder brother', even though it was just for fun!

"Is she alright now?" Venky asked, looking at me for the first time. "Yup! I gave her water and all... And pata hai, she follows our music; she's a huge fan of us!!!"

Keshav: "That's nice!"

Samar: "Whoa! Another coincidence, huh!! Now at least we can talk to her before we approach her college authorities... I hope you have her contact number?"

"Ummmm... I thought it wouldn't be nice if I ask her for her number just like that... And moreover, I can't trust anybody with my number na...! So we exchanged email addresses..." I hesitantly informed them.

"Great! Now we have to tell Ben to not contact the college authorities... We can ask her if she is interested..." Samar addressed all of us.

*THAT EVENING*

Samar and I were  at our apartment and Keshu and Venks had gone home. Samar was on the phone, updating Ben about today's events. I had just returned after a hot shower and I suddenly remembered that I need to check my email. Maybe she has replied already!

I picked up my phone from the table and opened my inbox:

*One New Mail*

As I was replying to the email, I realised that I was smiling

As I was replying to the email, I realised that I was smiling. Well, rather I was made to realise that when Samar entered the room with: "Kya hua, koi joke hai kya?" I was shaken out of my thoughts instantly. "N... Nahi..." I stammered.

"Bhai, talk to mom, she was asking for you..." Samar said and left the room.

Samar ki timing bahaut kharab hai seriously! I thought to myself as I typed out the email.

Hi again Gul. Thanks for the selfie.

I couldn't understand what to write...

So tell me about yourself, where do you live etc.

This is sounding bad! I can't write this! I erased the entire thing and started again.

********************************************************************

Author's Note:

Hi guys!! Hope you enjoyed this one! Well, I guess Sanam is more nervous than Gul... Or at least, as nervous as her! I really enjoyed myself while writing this part... And I tell you what, my fav part of love stories is the build up! I dunno what's gonna happen with my protagonists here, but I hope they create loads of memories! 

I wanna know what YOU guys think this story is going to lead to... Not necessarily after this chapter, but as soon as you feel you know what's going to happen next, tell me! That way, I'll know what you guys expect and want to read. Well obviously I won't write exactly what you've imagined, but I'll make sure I don't disappoint you!😊 

Also, if there is any scene, or a particular plot that you want me to add, do tell me! Please DO tell me! You should know that I am waiting for you guys on this side!😄😘 Come on now, fill up my notifications and that comments' box below!! Remember that I love each one of my readers! You guys mean a lot to me! Much LOVE!!😘😘

Once a #SANAMian, always a #SANAMian!!!😘😘😘

********************************************************************