Chapter 2 - Your Second Option

Hayley's POV: It was Friday, Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing cause the weekend was coming. Normal routine for me... Get a cuppa, Have a shower and get ready for Uni. This may be boring but I'm studying to be a journalist. Or a writer as some would say. Nathan and I would always meet up at Uni. The boys had a long break before their next show. It was sorta like a break. Not a break up! Just a break. And Nathan had decided to take a semester in the same university. Which was good for me especially cause I had somebody there... Thankfully that somebody was my best friend.

I got to uni and went straight to my locker. Yeah yeah. Maybe uni's don't usually have lockers but mine just did. As I was grabbing some things out of my locker, someone had shut it.

"Hey Hayley!"

"Oh hey Nath!"

I mean who else could it really be? Before heading to class, Nathan and I stopped by the Starbucks at uni and got ourselves each an iced vanilla soy latte. Exactly what I needed to start the day... We got to class and were basically just talking the whole time. You can't blame us, the lecturer was seriously boring. Like he just took too much 'boring' pills or something. Okay, that didn't make sense but oh well. Suddenly Nathan's phone rang... He forgot to put it on silent again... Typical Nathan! Everyone got quiet and turned to Nathan's direction...

"Nathan? Something you gotta attend to?" The lecturer asked...

"Uh... No. No. Nothing. Sorry bout that!" He said awkwardly...

"Oh Nathan" I whispered while giggling.

"Oh shushhhh!!"

"Anyway... Who was that?" I asked curiously.. No. This wasn't weird, trust me! As I might have already said, we're VERY comfortable with each other..

"Oh. Right! It's that girl I was talking about the other day at lunch! She called me back! I've been meaning to tell you!" He said excitedly..

"Oh wow! Someone's a happy Nathan" I replied... Obviously acting normal when I clearly wasn't. One of the horrible things about having a crush on your super good looking best friend .... There'll always be millions of other girls crushing on him ... And even though I'm right in front of him ... He'll never notice me.

"Hayley? Earth to Hayley? Hello?"

"Oh yeah? Yeah? Sorry... What were you saying?" I asked .. Clearly too busy with my thoughts.

"You know, Friday night movie! Our routine! It's on tonight right?"

"Oh right. Yeah. Yeah. It's totally on. My place?"

"Yeah ... My place's just a mess right now ... It's ridiculous!"

"Psh... When is it not a mess haha!"

Before we knew it, we were done with university... For that day at least. After uni, I headed to one of the grocery stores to obviously get groceries cause I had NO FOOD at home and I can't be in a house that doesn't have food with Nathan .... He'd go nuts. It is weird that I enjoy grocery shopping? Not the paying part but I don't know I just like it haha. I grabbed loads of junk food and some healthy stuff and obviously had to get a box of tea for Nathan. After paying, I had bumped into one of my old friends so we talked and stuff and then I went straight home.

Yes I'm 19 and yes I live alone. I don't think that's hard to believe. I still visit my parents and stuff. I just wanted a place of my own. I got home and set the groceries aside then played season 4 of Gossip Girl while working on one of my assignments on my Mac. Okay ... I was a Gossip Girl FREAK. That show is just so bloody addicting. I can't help it...

2 hours had passed and I was finally done with that oh so boring assignment. Since it was already like 6 PM. I thought it was time I had a shower... I then grabbed our snacks and drinks for our usual Friday movie night. I was just scrolling through Instagram when suddenly Nathan called ....

"Hey...."

"Hey Nathan! Where are you? Running late as usual?" I asked...

"HAHAHAHA not funny... Uh I actually though we could reschedule? Cause you know Tammy? The girl I've been talking to?"

".... Yeah? ....."

"Well! I asked her if she wanted to hangout tonight and she said yes!!!"

"Oh... Wow! Congrats Nath"

"Yeah. I hope you don't mind. Reschedule?"

"Yeah .... Yeah .... Don't worry bout it" I replied. Acting like I was alright

"Thanks! You're the best! Talk to ya later!"

I don't get it ... He's only known Tammy for like a few days! He can't be serious about dating her... I just ... Don't get it. I'm always gonna be the backup plan... Gotta get used to it huh... I guess it was just me.. Watching millions of episodes of Gossip Girl alone with ice cream since I never liked watching horror movies without Nathan...