Chapter 13 - It's O V E R?!

A/N; Short chapter! Was planning to write more but I've got to get to school. Will probably post another chapter when I get back.

___________________________________

Hayley's POV ||

20th March 2014,

I got to class when someone came running towards me.

It was Tia.

'It's today!! It's today!!' She screamed in excitement, causing everyone to look at her.

'Oh what? Have you not seen anyone excited before?' She said to them.

'Sssh.. What's up with you?' I asked.

'Oh don't you dare play cool with me, it's today! You and Nathan's one-month-anniversary!' She yelled in my ear.

'Woah calm down woman!' I laughed.

'C'mon! You should be excited!'

'Yeah, yeah I am. But it's just a date though, right?'

'You're the weirdest person ever, I swear. I'm more excited than you are!'

'Yeah, that's obvious' I just laughed at her.

-

I hadn't spoken to Nathan all day. He seemed weird during class and we only made eye contact about twice, the whole day. Wouldn't know what's up with him.

Just then, Tia had texted me.

'Hey, Hayley.. I've got something to tell you...'

'Yeah?'

'Well, I'm really sorry about this and I hope you're okay but Nathan asked me to tell you that he wants to break up...'

'Oh....'

'Im really sorry Hayley. He's a dick. You deserve so much better. Are you alright?'

'Yeah, yeah. I'm fine' I lied.

I wasn't fine. I was broken. He didn't even have the curtesy to tell me himself let alone text me. Who does that even? I mean a breakup text is horrible enough, but getting someone else to tell me the he wants to break up?! That's just... And what did I even do?! What made him want a break up?!

I suddenly remembered something that Nathan had texted me, just days ago..

Hey, Hayley... Can I confess to something? You know Gwynne? Yeah, well I kinda like her... But I only like her. You're the one I LOVE' those were his exact words.

I remember it not bothering me. I was actually completely fine with it. I liked that he had been honest with me. I didn't expect him to just completely leave me though...

A second later, my face was covered with tears. Nathan and I have been best friends since forever, and as far as I can remember. I've had a crush on him ever since I got to know him.

I still remember the first day we met. It was a few years ago, The band was starting to get popular but I had no idea who they were. He had girls constantly throwing themselves at him. He found it fascinating that I wasn't one of those girls. That I didn't wanna get his attention. We got along so well. If only I could go back in time and relive those days.