Chapter 28 - Childhood Times

A/N; 3.5K reads oh god, how do I thank you guys? love y'all!

-

Hayley's POV ||

It was Friday and I was feeling good about today.

It was the first week into our Christmas break and my sister and I were at Mum's place to help her pack for her move.

I hadn't seen Charly (my one and only sibling) in god knows how long and it felt good to be together again. Especially at mum's.

'So, how's the boo thang?' I teased her.

'He's alright. He's in Amsterdam for a week and I kinda miss him, a lot' I caught her blushing.

'Aww,' I said.

I guess I understood how she felt since Nathan and I haven't been able to see each other that much once our break started.

I mean, I understand cause' he's back in Gloucester with his family and I'm over here, in London.

'How's Nathan?' Charly winked.

'He's good. I'm kinda missing him as well' I smiled.

'Aw,sissy!' She said in awe. 'James is such an ass though. Look what he made me do' she showed me the background of her phone (a picture of James from a few months back)

'Ha,' I said, showing her the background of my phone which was a picture of Nathan and Tia at an old party.

I caught Charly feeding Lacee, our dog, some chips.

'Char! You know that's not good for her!' I immediately said.

'Sssssh, nobody has to know' she said to Lacee as we both laughed.

-

'Alright, girls. Time to get packing!' Mum said as she brought a few boxes.

Charly and I both let out a sigh and started to help mum.

After what seemed to be two hours of procrastination - you could say we were quite lazy.

I couldn't help but text Nathan at the same time. I did miss him, a lot.

'Ah c'mon, you're acting like a girl! Man up, Nathalie' I texted. I teased him by calling him Nathalie. At first it was kinda my thing but people caught on to it as well.

'Nathalie?!' He replied, adding two angry emojis behind.

'You know I'm kidding' I texted back.

'You didn't sound like you were kidding. Stop calling me Nathalie, alright?'

'But it's fun' as soon as I hit send - I regretted it.

'You know what, this is fucked up. And annoying. Please don't text me!'

'Okay' I said, knowing that he would calm down eventually.

I don't get why he's been so sensitive lately. It doesn't make sense. He's not sensitive. In fact, he's never sensitive. He's easy going, fun, awkward. That's the guy I'm dating. Not this guy.

-

8:23am, and I was awoken by several texts from Nathan.

'Hello?'

'Morning love'

'I'm sorry about last night, I miss you'

'I love you so much'

'Hayley?'

I tried replying but found out that my line was barred.

Right, forgot to pay my bills! Well, that can wait.

I lightly combed my hair and tied it into a loose ponytail.

'Morning, mum' I said as I walked out to see Mum and Charly sat on the sofa, each with a mug in hand.

'Morning' Mum greeted.

'Slept well?' Char asked.

'Mhmm,' I hummed. 'It felt good to be in this house again.' I said as I poured myself a cup of coffee.

'So, I was thinking maybe we all have our showers, get some brunch, chill a little then get back to packing, yeah?' Mum suggested.

'Yup, sounds good to me!' I said as I took a sip.

When we finally finished our coffees, Charly stood up and said 'Dibs on the bathroom!'

'C'mon Char, you're not a kid anymore' Mum said.

'Exactly, Char' I mimicked. 'You know I'm a way better runner than you' I teased as we both ran to the bathroom.

'Ha! Guess I'm going first. Told you so' I winked as I shut the bathroom door.

Oh the memories of our childhood.

I'm glad we don't fight as much though.