Chapter 29 - Commitment

A/N; I haven't been on Wattpad in like two days and I received so many notifications from this book. Thanks so much for 4K reads. Love y'all to infinity and beyond.

-

Hayley's POV ||

Two Days Later,

It was late and I was finally home. Exhausted - as expected.

It felt good though, to kinda shut everything off.

Well, by everything I mean social networking. My phone was out of battery within the second day and I didn't bother to even charge it.

I might need to, since I've remembered about having a boyfriend.

I plugged my phone on the charger and opened the lid of my laptop to pay my phone bill.

I just got done getting ready for bed when I heard a knock on my door.

I peeped thru the hole to see Nathan - stood in front of the door.

'Hey' I said as I sprung open the door.

'Oh yeah, hey' he walked in, rather tensed. 'I couldn't reach you for two whole days but yeah, hey'

'Um, I-I'm sorry. I was helping my mum pack' I said.

'Packing for two god damn days?' He yelled.

'She's got a lotta things. What's the big deal? You were the one who told me not to speak to you' I snapped.

'Couldn't you at least have replied my texts just to assure me that you were okay?'

'I'm sorry for spending quality time with my family and not being glued to my phone!' I yelled.

I didn't expect myself to get so mad but I've got good reason. He's blowing it out of proportion.

'I was worried sick, Hayley! Did you not have the decency to even call your boyfriend once?!' He spat out the word "boyfriend".

I opened my mouth to speak when he cut me off.

'Do you have any idea how much I care about you?! Any idea how much it sucks not being able to see you every single day? Not being able to make you laugh or catch your smile? It's HELL, Hayley! You make it hell for me!'

'And you think I don't give a fuck about you? Is that it? 'Cause I do! And I'm sorry! I'm sorry for not talking to you for two whole days! That's what? 48 hours? Well, that must've been more hell, huh?' It came out harsher than expected.

Before I could take it back, I found him storming out.

This, this isn't what I wanted.

I wanted to tell him how much I missed him.

I wanted to hug him and be able to feel his arms wrapped around me.

I wanted to have his lips pressed against mine, soothingly.

I wanted us to watch a movie together, in bed and fall asleep in his arms.

I wanted him.

He's changing so much, I barely even recognize him anymore.

I could've just shut my mouth and appreciated the fact that he came from Gloucester just to make sure I was alright.

I'm sure this is nothing. Boyfriends and girlfriend fight occasionally.

It's part and parcel of being in a relationship. It's a commitment. It's a test to see if two were meant to be. If two are willing to go through hell for each other.

~

It was almost 6am and I still hadn't gone to bed.

I was hoping to hear something from Nathan but it didn't happen.

I got into the shower and just calmed myself down.

Is it just me or do we tend to think more when we're in the shower?

I fucked things up so badly last night.

I did. It was me.

Well, it was partly him but I screwed up most of it.

It's too late to take anything back. I doubt seeing him will do any good either.

Maybe we just need some time apart.

Space, they call it?

Yeah, that. That could do us good. We both need time to think, alone.

I got dressed since I had to meet Kyle in a few hours.

I know, there's hours to to but hey, there's nothing better than being able to take your own sweet time to get dressed.

Oh, Kyle. I do hope he makes some of this better.