Chapter 6 - Nicely done Sykes.

Hayley's POV | |

"It was nice seeing you again mum! Come again, anytime. Just call first!" I said while hugging her goodbye.

"Haha.. I don't think I'll come around but we'll see you soon right? Since you've got break?" She asked.

"Yeah! Yeah, sure. Send my regards to dad and Connor"

-

It was one heck of a tiring day. Not that I didn't have fun though, it was nice seeing mum again.

I shut the door. Walked to my room and just laid on my bed.

A second later, the doorbell rings.

Oh for the love of god.

"Who is it?"

I didn't get a reply.

I opened the door to see Nathan?

"Heyyyyyyy Hayles" he said with a rather cheeky smile on his face.

"Oh no. What are you up to now?" I asked, suspiciously.

"Hey! I just came to check on you"

"Ah... To check on me. So basically to yell at me and then say sorry and then yell at me again and then sleep off in my bed and have sneak out my window at 10AM? What joy." I said while walking to my bedroom.

"Look, I'm really sorry about that"

"Yeah, sure." I said while rolling my eyes.

"Hayley .... I really am sorry! I didn't mean to do that alright. I'm sorry!!!! I was just having a bad night. Forgive me? Please?" He said.

"Fine."

Aw he looked so adorable and just those eyes and he sounded so sweet - Oh god I'm doing it again.

"It's Sunday afternoon. How about we do something fun like, head to the movies or maybe go for a drive and get Starbucks or how about we -"

"How about we just stay home and do homework?" I cut him off.

"Hayley???? Homework? Are you kidding me?"

"Look. I'm really tired and I honestly do NOT have the energy for any of those things right now. I think it's best I just sit at home and watching a bazillion episodes of Gossip Girl and just do my homework kay?"

"Why are you so boring. God. Fine" he said while grabbing his keys.

"Wait, where are you going?" I asked.

"Don't worry. I'll be back soon!" He said as he left the house.

I grabbed my laptop and put Gossip Girl on and made a cuppa and just finished the rest of my assignments.

I'd say my assignments aren't that bad, considering I'm actually interested in like these kind of stuff. And I get to choose what to study.

Unlike the old days.

Like, we had to learn history and all that crap and like......... I hated that so much.

-

"Hayles?" I heard Nathan say as he opened the door.

"Room!" I replied.

I walked out to the kitchen to see a bunch of bags there.

"What's this, Nath?" I asked curiously while opening some of the bags.

"Well, if you wanna be boring and stay at home, fine. But I'm not gonna sit here and laze around with you without some good food." He said while grabbing some stuff out of the bags.

"You didn't!" I teased.

"Oh yes I did! We've got some Pizza.. Salad for me of course... Uh some cheese sticks, Garlic bread, some drinks. And the best part...."

"Oh my god."

"Chocolate covered strawberries!"

"Fine. I forgive you. You did good, Sykes."

He smiled cheekily.

We ate and watched movies for hours and hours without even realizing the time.

"Ah damn! It's already 2. I think it's time I make a move..." He said while looking at his phone.

"C'mon!!! It's already so late. Why don't you just crash here? My mom's not gonna surprise tomorrow morning!! Pleaseeeeeeeee?" I said while smiling.

"Fine."

-