Chapter 23 - Dare or Dare

A/N; Sorry for the lack of posting. I've had like a minor block and I had no idea where to go with this. I still don't but I don't like keeping you guys waiting. So, I'm really sorry if this chapter is a little more suckish than the rest.

______________________________________________________________

Hayley's POV ||

'Ughhhh, this is all my fault' Nathan said.

He was referring to our breakup and us not being able to be together anymore.

'I'm sorry. You were the one that wanted to break up in the first place'

'Yeah, I know. I wish I could turn back time' his face saddened.

I sighed.

'3 easy ways to die,

Puff a cigarette daily, you'll die ten years early.

Drink alcohol daily, you'll die thirty years early.

Love someone who doesn't love you back, you'll die daily' his voice kept getting softer.

'Don't die daily' I held his hand.

'But I am..' I could see him trying to hold back tears.

'Nooooo, don't. I'm sorry. Really'

'Its alright. You'll always be my first love. Even if we forget, love will remember' he forced a smile.

'Love will remember...' I said softly.

'And I'll never forget' he continued.

I'll admit, he's making it really hard for me to get over him.

'Noooooo, you're sad. I hate seeing you sad' I whined.

'Yeah, no kidding about me being sad'

'Sarcastic idiot' i snapped causing him to laugh a little.

'You don't always get what you want, do you?' He sighed.

'Maybe you just haven't found what you want yet..'

'No, I have. I've found exactly what I want and need, but I let her go'

I hate seeing him down. It was the worst thing ever.

-

'Hey, babe' Ryder said as he brought me into a hug.

For some reason I wasn't that comfortable calling him 'babe'

'Hi' I smiled.

'Finished that paper you were working on?' He asked.

'Huh? W-what paper?'

'You said you had to work on a paper last night. That's why you didn't wanna go out. Remember?'

'Oh.. Yeah right. I forgot'

I lied. I had to cover up for wanting to spend time with Nathan. It was insane that I had to lie to my boyfriend about wanting to spend time with my best friend but well, that's what you get with Ryder.

'Well, we better get to class' I said, changing the topic as I tried dragging him to make him walk faster.

'It's cute how small you are' he said while smiling.

'Oh shut up! You're just big. Just cause you're big doesn't make me small'

-

'Dare or Dare?' Kyle asked (He got in to our university, just weeks ago)

'Is that even a question. Dare, of course!' I answered.

Dare or Dare was kinda our thing. We always found the truth part in Truth or Dare boring so yeah.

'I dare you... To hold Nath's hand until it's your turn again' he laughed.

'Oh shit' Nathan and I looked at each other with the exact same expression on our faces.

I looked at Ryder, I could tell that he didn't like it.

I then looked at my two best friends, Tia and Kat.

'Do it!!' They both said at the same time.

'Fine!' I said as I put my hand out.

Nathan and I held hands awkwardly. It was more like just our fingers touching.

'Do it properly!! Hand in hand! Locked together! You know!!' Kyle forced our hands together.

Err, this is awkward.

Once it got to Nath's turn, he immediately looked at me.

'Dare or Dare?' He asked.

'Dare!'

'I dare you to let go of my hand' and we both immediately pulled away.

I could still see the look on Ryder's face, especially when we were holding hands. Err, whatever.

In the moment, I couldn't help but admire Nathan's eyes.. They're gorgeous. Of course he didn't catch me admiring him but honestly I've never seen eyes that beautiful on a guy.