17. The Return to Aether (Aether Infiltration Part 1)

A/N

Well guys, after a ton of writing and thinking on my part, this part of the story has not two. Not three. But FIVE parts to it!! So basically, it's like a mini arc to which will be dubbed as the "Aether Infiltration Arc".

Also, here's a quick recap on the current team Luma is using.

-Prim (Primarina🚹)
-Kyu (Alolan Ninetails 🚺)
-Vivo (Vikavolt 🚺)
-Revi (Trevenant 🚺)
-Cano (Arcanine 🚹)

(In my current game, I do have a Zygarde 10%, but realized it would be more fitting if another character had it... but more on that later!)

So with out further ado, enjoy the first of this five parter!

----------------------------------------------

Narrator POV

The trio of trainers made their way silently towards the triangular elevator before them, leaving many Aether employees defeated at their wake. Hau and Luma were guarding Gladion, who was trying to control the elevator to their next destination, but he failed to do so when he realized specific identification and controls were needed to access the lower floors.

"Look like outsiders can't use the main elevator to reach the lower levels. I was afraid this might happen... what a pain..." Gladion mentioned.

"What do we do now?" Luma said with worry, the blonde turning toward the two 11 year olds.

"We have no choice. Well have to go up."

Hau looked at him and looked to see the railings of the elevator rising and taking them to the next floor, where they were greeted by the Branch Chief.

"I, Faba, am the Aether Branch Chief... the only one on the world, I'm irreplaceable... and here you come back... uninvited"

The man turned towards them and raised his hand to his chin with a distasteful facial expression.

"Like you don't know why, you of all people should know everything that happens in the Aether Foundation," Gladion scorned, glaring at the man and placing one of his hand on his hips.

"Isn't that right, high and mighty branch chief?"

"Hee hee hee! Look at you... living out in the world hasn't been kind, has it? But I'm still not telling you anything! And you of all people should understanding why... Gladion..."

The boy closed his eyes and tilted his head toward the girl standing beside him.

"Hey, Luma..."

"What is it?"

"You know why being a trainer is so great? Because when you're battling, it doesn't matter if you're a kid or an adult..."

Gladion walked closer to her and placed his hand on her shoulder, revealing the familiar green in his eyes towards Faba, looking daggers at the egotistical chief and leaving the girl in a daze.

"Because everyone's equal in a Pokémon battle!"

Faba scoffed and stared down at the three trainers standing near him.