Chapter 6

"Please tell me you had a horrible time." Alex said walking with me on the way to see my father. 

"It wasn't horrible. It was very nice." I said,"And all this negativity about Jefferson needs to stop. What is so bad about him? Don't you dare answer that or else we'll be standing here for a week."

He stepped in front of me and stopped walking,"Y/N if I didn't know better I would say that you like him." I stayed silent thinking over if I really did like Thomas.

"Y/N say something, you're scaring me." 

I mean Thomas is so nice. Obviously he has a stable job and has good income. Plus that hair,

"Y/N!!" 

"What?" I ask Alexander as he's still standing in front of me,"Did you say something?"

"Never mind. I've got to get to work." he looked a bit annoyed as he walked off. I shouted bye but he just ignored it, weird. 

I continued to walk to where my father said he would be. He said that he needed to ask me a question. It must be serious otherwise I don't know why he wouldn't just ask it at dinner. The sun was shining as I entered the building I was instructed to go to. It was silent as I walked down a hall to see an office like room where my father was sitting at a desk writing something. I lightly tapped on the door frame to announce my presence. He just looked up and asked me to take a seat in one of the chairs. I closed the door and did as asked. 

"What's the question you needed to ask?" I asked him straight to the point.

"I've heard something today. Something I didn't think would be a problem. I just want to know if it's true." he paused for a moment as I stared at him waiting,"Where were you last night?" 

My whole entire mind feels like it's going to explode,"I was having dinner."

"With who?" he then asks.

I take a deep breath before replying,"Thomas Jefferson." I looked down at my hands as I said it. Never would I have thought that having dinner with Thomas Jefferson would make the 2 people I'm closest to act different or disapprove so much. 

It was silence before my Dad replied quietly,"I thought so."

"Why is that a problem?" I asked,"Everyone is so negative."

"I just don't think that you two will make the best couple. Mainly because I am his superior. If you two were together it would just be complicated." 

"Have you even taken our feelings into consideration? Who did you hear this from?" I finished saying when the door opened. 

"Mr. Washington you asked to see me today." Thomas said standing there,"I'm sorry am I to early? Did I interrupt something?" 

Both of us just stood there in silence while Thomas looked confused,"No you did not. Y/N I will see you later this evening." my father said and I left the room. Now I guess he'll be asking Thomas what he just asked me. 

I bet Alexander just couldn't keep his mouth shut. Now this has happened and Thomas probably won't ever talk to me again. 

Hamilton better run.

Thomas' Point Of View

"What's going on?" I asked Mr. Washington taking a seat in one of the chairs in front of the desk he was standing behind. 

"I would like to just talk to you about one thing. That is last night when you and my daughter had dinner."

I practically held my breath after he said that. That must've been what Y/N and him were just talking about,"Sir I can assure you that nothing inappropriate happened. It was just a nice dinner." 

"I trust you Thomas. You are a very bright man and I am glad to have you working for me as well as our nation." he stopped himself thinking for a moment,"Do you have feelings for Y/N."

I never would have believed I would be asked this question by my boss but I answered confidently,"Yes." 

·-·

yay! an update! i hope you guys enjoyed thomas' point of view! i'm working on a short story right now so i hope some people will read it. it's a peggy x laf story that was requested.  

thank you for over 800 followers!