Chapter 11

'Come to my place tomorrow around lunch,

I have something interesting to tell you,

As well as a favor,

T. Jefferson'

I read over the note again and again. Constantly through the night I kept on thinking of what it could possibly be. He not only has something to tell me but also needs a favor. No matter how hard and long I thought no logical answers came across my mind.

I was now standing in front of the doors of Monticello about to knock on the door. After mentally giving myself a pep talk I brought my hand up to knock on the door. 

"Y/N!" I turned around to see James Madison walking towards where I was standing at the doors. 

"Hello James, what are you doing here?" I asked politely yet confused. 

"The same reason you are I believe. Except I actually know what Thomas wants to tell you." he replied and opened the door for me. I followed him to where I assumed we were supposed to meet Thomas. 

"Thomas!" Madison said as we reached an office where Thomas was seated at a desk. There were papers spread all across the desk but he seemed to have everything in order. 

"You're both here." Thomas said then smiled at me standing up from the desk,"Take a seat. I have something to discuss with the both of-"

"Am I late?" 

I turned to the door where there stood someone who looked a bit familiar. I just couldn't think of his name.

"Just take a seat Aaron." Thomas said to him. 

That's it! Aaron Burr. Hamilton has ranted about him many times before. I've never met him in person before until now. 

"Alright, the reason I have invited you all over today is to discuss something I think is very important." Thomas began,"Y/N I know you may feel a bit different about this but please hear me out."

I looked at him confused and he starts talking again. It seems as if he's rambling on a bit trying to not properly tell us the topic. I must be the only one who doesn't know what we really are supposed to be discussing. That is until he finally said it.

Hamilton.

"I'm sorry but we're here to discuss Hamilton?" I asked him a bit mad. I thought that we both didn't want to bring our relationship into his work.

"Yes Y/N. I know you are close friends with him so we thought that you might want to see this."

"What is it?" I asked him. Thomas handed me a paper with something about something to deal with money and Hamilton,"I don't understand this. What does this mean?" 

"We have reason to believe Alexander is using government funds." Aaron said. 

"How could you think this? He wouldn't do anything like this. Why are you even trying to find stuff like this?" I asked standing up now.

"We just-" 

"I think I should go." I said and already make my way out the door. Thomas starts to call after me but I walk faster. I finally reached the front door only to be caught by Thomas.

"Y/N where are you going?" he asked.

"I just need to go." I said about to leave when Thomas grabbed my arm.

"I'm sorry Y/N. Whatever I said I didn't mean to make you upset." Thomas said.

"I just thought that I wouldn't be dragged into things that involve your work." 

·-·

I'm so lucky to have all of you guys! I love you all so much!
Please check out my book Princess! It's pretty cool ;)