Chapter 13

The cool evening breezy flowed through my hair as I watched the sun setting. Today was an odd day. I hadn't done anything yet somehow it seems like there's so much going on. All I've done is think. Hamilton can't be doing so good right now. Who knows what he's working on. 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath then stood up to go back inside. Right as I opened the door a hand was placed on my shoulder. I quickly turned around only to see Thomas Jefferson. His appearance looked different than it usually did. He looked like he hadn't received much sleep. I wonder why that is.

"Y/N, uh I'm glad I caught you. Where are you headed?" he asked nervously. Somethings not right here.

"I was just going to go to bed Thomas. It looks like you should too." I told him removing his hand from my shoulder. I wasn't sure if I sounded rude. If I did I didn't mean it that way, but I'm still not happy about that meeting he invited me to. 

"Oh yeah." Thomas said scratching the back of his head,"Look Y/N. I'm so sorry about everything that night. I just wasn't thinking. I shouldn't have invited you. It's all my fault."

"But Thomas, even if I wouldn't have been there you three still would've talked badly about Alexander and that hurts me. I don't even want to know what the rest of your conversations that night were."

"I can't even tell you what they talked about." he said.

"Why because you're afraid of how I'll react?" I asked him in a more annoyed voice.

"No! Of course not." he rushed,"I didn't go back after you left."

I stood there looking at him,"What?"

"I saw how you reacted and I couldn't go back. I know you were hurt and I should've came to talk to you sooner and I'm sorry about that Y/N." Thomas said sincerely.

I frankly couldn't think of how to respond. I didn't know how I was supposed to handle this or what to feel. So I said what came to mind,"I'll talk to you later Thomas. Get some sleep."

"Wait!" he said but I was already inside the house.

"Good night." I said closing the door.

'Did I really end that conversation like that? Y/N are you kidding me.'

I quickly went over to one of the windows looking out to where Jefferson was. He was still there. Thomas looked even more distraught than he did when he first got here. I caused that. I watched him as he was saying something to himself, still in front of the door. He looked a bit like a school boy trying to talk to a girl they like. 

"What are you looking at?" 

I turn around startled to see my father,"Nothing. Just the sun setting. It's gone now." 

"It's Jefferson isn't it?" he asked making me freeze but right before I could say what he answered already,"You can't hide those things from me. Especially when I have Hamilton. You should know that by now. He said you to are in a bit of an argument."

"Actually we aren't it's just a disagreement." I told him.

"Which could lead to an argument."

I sighed,"Everything is alright Dad. I know he's trying to fix it."

"But are you letting him fix it?" he asked me. I thought for a moment and maybe he is right. After that's how I ended my conversation with Jefferson I'm not allowing him to fix his mistake.

"Good night Dad." I said to him and he smiled and returned the statement. 

I walked to where my room is but stopped at another window trying to see if Jefferson was still there or if he left. I couldn't find him and I sighed. I have to talk to him and give him another chance. Well actually get him to give me another chance at that conversation. 

Monticello tomorrow it is.

·-·

I hope you all had a good weekend! We have over 1k votes on this book!! YaY!! Thank you so much! Also I am very excited to tell you that my next book will be a....

HAMILTON CHARACTER BOOK 

(modern college au. not a x reader but going to be very interesting.)
I hope you guys read it when it comes out!
edit - BURR WILL GET THE STORY HE NEEDS BECAUSE HE HAS LIKE NONE