Chapter 3

Birds chirped from outside my window as it was morning. I sighed or I guess groaned as I stretched in bed. Slowly but surely I slid out of bed and walked over to my closet. I pulled out my one my favorite dresses. It was simple and easy to move in but still looked nice. Once I made my bed I walked into the kitchen to see Alexander looking stressed at the table. 

"Something already happened today?" I asked Alex while getting some water then sitting next to him. 

"Jefferson. He's already a problem." he replied.

"The man hasn't even been here for twenty-four hours and your complaining? I think you just need to get to know him." I said to him and he looked at me as if I was insane.

"Have you met the man?! He's way out of line. I'll get to know him when people start singing songs about me." Alexander said widening his eyes as I started to sing a made up song about him. 

"Now you have to do it." I smiled as he shook his head laughing.

"Beautiful performance but I said people. You are only one person." he smirked as I rolled my eyes.

"Someday you will. Then you'll realize you are both maybe similar." I told him causing him to shake his head again.

"Only in your head Y/N." Alex said getting up from the table,"I've got to go. Also to clarify Jefferson and I are nothing alike." he finished talking then left.

I got up and followed him to the door but he was already out it,"You're gonna rethink that someday Alexander! Even if I have to lock you two in a room together!" I yelled at him. He didn't look but I could imagine him rolling his eyes. 

I walked back inside grabbing a book to read to pass the time. It had been awhile since I sat down to read before I was interrupted by someone clearing their voice. 

"Excuse me miss." I looked up to see Thomas Jefferson,"I'm looking for Mr. Washington. My name is Thomas Jefferson."

"Nice to meet you." I said putting down my book,"My name is Y/N Washington."

"Oh I am so sorry to have bothered you Ms. Washington." Thomas said.

"It's okay. My father is out for awhile. You can wait here though." I told him.

"That would be perfect Ms. Washington. Thank you." he replied.

"Your welcome and please call me Y/N, Thomas." 

He nodded and I lead him to our living room where we both took a seat on the couch. It was quiet until he spoke up. 

"I never knew you were Mr. Washington's daughter."

I sat there for awhile not knowing what to say. The tension in the room was growing by the minute. 

"I was thinking, um, maybe we could have dinner some time." Thomas said.

"Okay." I replied just as my Father walked into the room. 

"Good evening Mr. Washington." Jefferson said standing up to walk over to my father. They both left talking about who knows what. I just sat there thinking about what I had just agreed to. What will my dad think? 

What about Alexander?

·-·

I went to an Ariana Grande concert last night! It was amazing!

Love you guys! <3

I'm almost at 800 followers so thank you so much!