Chapter 1: A girl trying to make it

It is the last week of school. Venessa is ready for summer break to finally begin so she can start applying for her job at an internship. It's for a law firm just outside her town of Ashville. Ashville is a small town in New Mexico. She is very stressed going into Junior year as an IB league student.

   This summer job is to prove to herself that she is capable of handling complex tasks. She has never really had any friends due to all her time studying. She's never felt love for anyone either, including herself.

   She is just trying to make it. She wants to have a place in this world. She just can't seem to find it. The bell rings on this Monday and she is free from school. She walks out the doors and sees a girl being tripped.

   "Hey!" Says a small black haired girl. "Watch where you step runt" one of the three girls replies. Her friend speaks up "Ashely that was a little more mean than i thought you were gonna be". "Well Nicki, what did you think i was gonna do?" Replies the one who tripped the girl. "Just comment on her outfit?" Says Nicki. The girl who was tripped interrupts "You don't have to be such a bitch Ashley". Vennsa joins in "Maybe she could be called Assley"

    "Very funny, and who is this comedian? She looks like a Harley Quinn wannabe." Ashley says. Venessa says "I'm Venessa. Leave that girl alone. She was just trying to leave.". Her taller friend walks over to her and spills her coffee on her shirt. "Looks like that's gonna be hard to get out." She winks. Venessa starts to get frustrated and tear up. "Good job Alexa!" Shouts Ashley. Nicki starts to walk away.