Chapter 14: It's Time

The day of the trip is here. Venessa and Hannah finished the supply shopping by themselves. Venessa has to bring her car to help carry all the people. Jonathan refuses to ride with Trent in his truck. Venessa also wants to ride with Hannah. Kate asks to ride with Trent as well as Ashley and Jenna. Mike wants to ride in the back of truck with the supplies that are tied up and covered. Ty agrees to go with Hannah. Kira and Alexa don't want to ride with Hannah.

Eventually Kira lets Alexa go with Trent. Then they start their trip. "Something tells me lots of people are about to die." Says Jonathan. Ty and Hannah get nervous. Venessa laughs it off trying to be positive. She secretly knows that John is right. Kira just sits and smiles.

In the truck Alexa sits in the front with Trent. "Smile a little." He says trying to make her happy. Jenna looks at out the window. She is longing for a place to be herself. Kate is talking to Ashley. "We are totally gonna die." Says Alexa. Trent looks at her and caresses her chin and says "Be happy, It's your time.". Alexa looks back at him. She is trapped in his eyes.

Ashley interrupts their moment. "Can you at least turn on the radio?" Ashley asks. He does as she asks. The song trees by Twenty One Pilots is on. What a song to describe what is soon to happen.

They arrive at the campsite. Everyone gets out. They don't set up camp yet. They all walk over to the two benches. At one bench sits Jonathan on one side of bench, Hannah, Jenna and Venessa on the other side. Jonathan stares hopelessly into the distance. On the other bench Trent is sitting between Alex and Ashley. Alexa is to his left. Alexa reaches to grab something but locks hands with Trent. Across the table was Mike and Ty. They both look at Alexa and Trent in disgust.

Kira and Kate are missing mysteriously. An hour passes and both are not back. Jenna, Mike and Jonathan offer to go look for them. Trent will only let him go if he can help look. Jenna and Trent look for Kate. John and Mike split from them to look for Kira.