2. sex life stuggles

"Hey Matt!" I smiled walking up to his locker.

"Hey love," he smiled pecking me on the cheek quickly.

"Guess what Carl just told me this morning?" I laughed still not over my best friends new lifestyle change.

"He got someone pregnant?" Matt guessed, half truthfully.

Matt and Carl don't completely get along all the time. Well to be honest, Carl hates Matt's guts but Matt doesn't mind him because he knows how close we are.

"Surprisingly not, however he does have a girlfriend." Matts shocked face mimicked my own.

"Wow, i did not see that coming!" He smiled shaking his head. "Maybe we can finally double date." The thought made me cringe.

"Yeah, anyway," i smiled standing closer and loosely gripping the end of his shirt, "what are you doing tonight? you could come over."

"Aw i would love to but i have a physics test to study for, dinner with my family tomorrow though?" He smiled ignoring my deflated ego and request for sex.

"Yeah sure," i sighed.

"Great, gotta bounce see you later, love you." He rushed giving me a peck on the head and i leant against his locker watching him hurry away.

"Still getting no action?" Carl laughed walking over, he must have seen part of my pathetic attempt at seducing my nun-boyfriend.

"I swear to god i'm going insane." i groaned, "it's been like a month!" Matt had lots on his plate with school, running for captain, and while i admired his commitment sometimes i just wanted a bit of extra attention, even just a good fuck every once in a while.

"Well A, i don't know how he keeps his hands off you." Carl smirked at me causing butterflies, hey don't judge a month is a long time. "Fuck i hope not all relationships turn people against sex."

"Nope just my perfect boyfriend." I sighed in frustration. Carl pulled me in for a comforting hug, resting his chin on my head and his arms around my shoulders. See what i mean, what best friend comforts their female friend after they share their disappointing sex life struggles, not normal ones that's for sure.

"Wanna skip?" Carl smiled looking down at me.

"You sure know how to make a girl happy Gallagher," i laughed pulling away and grabbing my bag.

"I know, it's my new boyfriend nature speaking out."

"Shut the fuck up." I laughed as we left the school, hey don't judge, at least we made it through first lesson.

...

"I just texted Emma to let the group know we won't be at lunch!" i told Carl as we sat in his car. We had a group of friends we all hung out with but everyone knew how close we were.

"I bet they think we run off to root!" Carl laughed contemplating all the times we have left school when one of us needs a break.

"Oh i wish," i sighed without thinking.

"Oh really?" He flashed me his famous smirk, "not like i haven't offered baby girl."

"Hey, i have a boyfriend, and you have a girlfriend now!" i defended.

"Maybe we can fuck and ill tell Matt i was just being a good friend and helping you out of a drought." We both laughed.

"Why does he not want to?" i asked after a moment of silent, passing the cigarette back to Carl as he paused seriously thinking for a moment.

"Honestly A, i couldn't tell you, all guys like sex!"

"Maybe i'm bad at it," i sighed.

"Pfft i highly doubt that." He muttered slowly exhaling the smoke. "Maybe you should just go for it!"

"I've been trying." i recalled all my attempts and Matts subtle rebuffs.

"No like don't ask for it, next time you're with him just straddle him and kiss him and see if he turns that down for no valid reason, if he does he's gay." I dwelled on the idea taking a drag.

"I'll try but i can't promise i won't look like an idiot."

"You're always an idiot, now i need help!" Carl stated furrowing his eyebrows. "How the fuck do i be a boyfriend?"

...

After dinner with Matts parents they went out for their nightly walk, leaving us in his room together, i decided now was the time remembering Carl's advice.
"Wanna watch a movi-woah" Matt began to ask, however i cut him off by sitting on his lap on the bed, both legs either side of his hips. "What are you doing?" He breathed as i began gently kissing his neck.

"I've missed you." I admitted continuously kissing him up his neck and collarbone. "You've been so stressed with school lately, i just wanna help you relax."

"I have a lot on my plate Ava!" Matt protested but i wasn't giving up that easily.
"Okay, but we have to be quick, mum and dad won't be long." he groaned flipping us over. Damn Carl was good.

...

"Thanks for driving me home!" I smiled kissing Matt goodbye in his car.

"Thanks for tonight, need a ride to school tomorrow?"

"No i got it, thankyou though, have a goodnight!" I smiled jumping out the car.

"Love you." He called before driving off.

I decided to sent a text of gratitude to Carl before getting into bed.

To: Carl Gallagher
You are a genius and i owe you!

From: Carl
Going to assume you finally got laid?

To: Carl
No more Grumpy me ;)

From: Carl
Well you're gonna have to deal with grumpy me if being a boyfriend means you have to cuddle and watch movies for hours on end without any action.

To: Carl
Maybe now you'll fully understand my pain! have a good night, don't do anything i wouldn't do ;)

From: Carl
That doesn't narrow anything down you hoe, enjoy the feeling of just getting laid while it lasts. Who knows how long your prude man will keep you waiting next...weeks...months...years? ;)

To: Carl
Asshole

From: Carl
Love you too, see you tomorrow ;) x