12. Single status

"I can't!" I whispered unconvincingly with whatever will power was left.

He backed away slowly and looked at me, his expression still serious. "You don't want this?" Hell fuckin yes i want this.

"No that's not it..." I was trying to gain some sense trying to set my mind straight from his sexual influence.

"Then what is it?" He asked crossing his arm with the same hard expression.

"I still have a boyfriend Carl...I can't cheat on him that's not fair." I sighed.

"What so you're gonna continue prancing around with your fuckin boyfriend who doesn't pay any attention to you?" He accused me angrily. There goes the playful atmosphere.

"No i-" He cut me off.

"You're gonna continue acting like that's what you want. Like you're happy with him? You're just gonna continue to tell me you want me yet go around acting like he's the best thing since sliced fucking bread when we both know he's a piece of shit an-"

"-I'm going to end things!" I yelled cutting him off mid rant.

"What?" He whispered clearly shocked.

"I'm going to end things." i said. It felt weird to confirm it out loud. I knew this was what i had to do but actually admitting it to someone else made it feel real.

Carl took two strides and wrapped me in a comforting hug. "i'm proud of you A!" He smiled rubbing my back comfortingly.

...

A few minutes later we were back on the couch lounging and watching shitty movies laughing together. Mine and Carls relationship was definitely abnormal. One minute he had me up against the bench making me feel like i was going to have palpitations, next minute he's yelling at me, then he's being the supportive and helpful best friend. The boy was going to give me whiplash i swear.

"I better get back home and see if things have cooled with Fiona and Frank!" He sighed jumping up from the couch. I got up and followed him to the front door.

"Well you're welcome to come back if things are still shit!" I smiled and he wrapped me in another friendly hug and kissed me on the head.

"Dunno what i'd do without you!" He smiled pulling back. "So when are you dumping the faggot?"

"I dunno tomorrow after school i guess," i sighed remembering i still had to do that.

"Can i watch?" He winked playfully.

"No asshole get outta here!" i laughed opening the door for him.

"Ill see you tomorrow!" He called out before walking down the street.

"Seeya!" I sighed closing the door and leaning against it. What a fucking weekend.

...

Monday rolled around way sooner than it should have. I hardly slept sunday night. I couldn't stop thinking about when Carl nearly had me right in the kitchen and i couldn't stop thinking about how my conversation with Matt would go.