Chapter 3

Third person p.o.v.

Harry and Hagrid are at the London Train Station. Up on a crossing bridge, Harry has with him a cart and owl and is walking beside Hagrid. A couple look at Hagrid. "What're you looking at?" He looks at a watch realizing the time. "Blimey, is that the time?? Sorry, Harry, I'm gonna have to leave you. Dumbledore'll be wanting his...well, he'll be wanting to see me. Now, uh, your train leaves in 10 minutes. Here's your ticket. Stick to it, Harry that's very important. Stick to your ticket."

Harry looks at his golden ticket. "Platform 9 ¾? But Hagrid, there must be a mistake. This says Platform 9 ¾. There's no such thing...is there?" Harry looks up and Hagrid has vanished.

Harry is walking down lane between trains. A man rushes by. "Sorry." He say's in a hurry.

Harry sees a train master and walks up to him. "Excuse me, excuse me."

The train master is talking to woman and child giving them directions, "Right on your left, ma'am."

"Excuse me, Sir. Can you tell me where I might find Platform 9 ¾?"

"9 ¾? Think youre being funny, do ya?" He say's and leaves

A woman, daughter, and four boys walk by, pushing carts. "It's the same year after year. Always packed with Muggles, of course." The woman called out."

"Muggles?" Harry questions for a moment.

"Come on. Platform 9 ¾ this way! All right, Percy, you first." The man say as a tall boy with red hair comes forward and runs towards a brick wall. Amazingly, he disappears right into it and Harry is amazed at this new magic

"Fred, you next." The woman say's to another child.

"He's not Fred, I am!" an identical person say's beside his brother.

"Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother!" The other teased

"Oh, I'm sorry, George." She say's sympathetically.

"I'm only joking. I am Fred." He runs through the wall, and is followed by his twin brother.

Harry shakes his head in disbelief. "Excuse me! C-could you tell me how to.."

"How to get on the platform? Yes, not to worry, dear. It's Ron's first time to Hogwarts as well." A red headed boy smiles. "Now, all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous."

"Good luck." A small girl wishes them.

Harry takes a breath and runs at the wall. He shuts his eyes and emerges on the other side a magnificent station with a red train and bundles of people. A whistle blows, and Harry sighs with relief.

Harry and Ron are sitting in a compartment together and Ron has dirt on his nose.

"Excuse me, do you mind? Everywhere else is full."

"No, not at all." Harry say's letting him in.

Ron sits across from Harry and introduces himself. "I'm Ron, by the way. Ron Weasley."

"I'm Harry. Harry Potter."

Ron goes agape. "So-so it's true?! I mean, do you really have the...the..."

"The what?"

Ron whispers "The scar...?"

"Oh, yeah." He say's and lifts his hair up

"Wicked."

A trolley comes by the compartment, full of sweets. "Anything off the trolley, dears?"