Chapter 5

Your p.o.v.

Us four are walking up a staircase. A railing pulls in...and Hermione and I look, but continues walking. "I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do." Ron seems to be trying to get rid of Mione.

"Who doesn't?" Harry asks.

The staircase shudders and begins to move causing the three grab the railings and me squat down to the stairs. Reflexes. "Ahh!" Ron quickly yelps as Hermione gasps.

"What's happening?" Harry asks rather loudly.

"The staircases change, remember?" I tell them just before the staircase stops, in a new place.

Harry taps Ron and says, "Let's go this way."

"Before the staircase moves again." Ron whimpers.

We open a door and walk into a spooky, dark room. "Does anyone feel like...we shouldn't be here?" Harry asks.

"We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden." Hermione states.

Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support. At that moment, the Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, comes running in and meows. We all jump. "Let's go." Harry say's dragging us after him.

"Meow."

"It's Filch's cat!"

"Run!" I say before I can think

Flames are lit as we go. We get to the end of the corridor, to a door. Harry grabs the handle, but it's locked. "It's locked!"

"That's it, we're done for!" Ron say's fear lacing his words.

"Oh, move over!" Hermione pushes through and pulls out her wand. "Alohomora." The door opens. "Get in." We all bustle in.

"Alohomora?" Ron asks through mocking.

"Standard book of spells, Chapter 7." I say. "It gets boring here when I'm the only one my age."

Filch's voice echo's down the hall. "Anyone here, my sweet?"

"That man need's a girlfriend that isn't his cat." I accidentally say aloud causing a few giggles

"Meow."

"Come on."

"Filch is gone." Hermione states.

"Probably thinks this door's locked." Ron says bluntly.

"It was locked." Hermione say's back.

"And for good reason." I hear Harry say. Ron, Hermione, and I turn to stand with Harry.

I look from the floor up seeing a trap door. Odd. There is a massively huge three headed dog sleeping in front of us. It begins to wake up. "Fluffy?" I question.

It growls, yawns, and growls more...noticing us.

"AHHHHHHH!" The three scream.

All four of us bolt, running out of the door. We turn quickly to shut the door and battle against Fluffy. We get the door shut and run. Fluffy is a good dog but he gets a little grouchy when he first wakes up. 

When we all get back to the common room we are out of breath. "What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school."

I'm about to say something when Hermione speaks up "You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?"

"I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three!" We  begin to climb the stairs to the dorms.