Chapter 5

I'm walking up to Dumbledore's office and I hear him and Fudge shouting "A man has died here. And he won't be the last, you must take action." Dumbledore yelled at Fudge.

"I will not. In times like these the wizard world looks to its leaders for strength Dumbledore." Fudge yelled back.

"Then for once show them some."

"The tri-wizard tournament will not be cancelled. I will not be seen as a coward."

"But surely that is what's right, no matter what others think."

"What did you say? What did you say to
me?"

I'm about to enter when the door opened itself. "Harry! Harry how good to see you again." Fudge greets.

"I can come back later Professor." I say and start to leave.

"Oh that's not necessary Harry the minister and I are done. I'll be back in a moment. Minister, after you." As they're leaving Dumbledore picks something up from a bowl. "Harry do feel free to indulge in a liquorice snack in my absence, but I have to warn you they're a little bit sharp."

I am left alone in the room. I puts my hand in the snackbowl and take a handful. It turns into a small creature which nips
at my hand. I drop them and as they scatter try, stomping on them. A compartment in the wall opens and there's a glowing blue pool of water there. I slowly make my way over to it and look into the water. After a moment, I fall and land in another time
and place. It's a courtroom, the walls have a red glow and Dumbledore is seated next to where I am, "Professor?" I question.

The man seated next to Dumbledore speaks. "Professor."

Dumbledore and the man shake hands. Their handshake goes through my body, I appear to be some kind of ghost with no presence. Proceedings begin, a cage is raised from inside the floor and some people are messing with it. "Igor Karkaroff, you have been brought from Azkaban at your own request to present evidence to this counsel. Should your testimony prove consequential. Counsel may be prepared to order your immediate release. Until such time you remain in the eyes of the ministry a convicted deatheater. Do you accept these terms?" Barry says

"I do sir." Igor says slowly.

"What do you wish to present?" Barry says fastly.

"I have names sir. There was a Rosier, Evan Rosier."

Barty shakes his hand waiting for a paper he already knows the answer to and says "Mr Rosier is dead."

"Dead?"

Mad-eye says to Dumbledore "Yeah took a piece of me with him though didn't he?" Mad-Eye points to his mechanical eye.

"I didn't know." Igor said.

"If that is all the witness has to offer..." Barry started.

"No! No! There was Rookwood, he was a spy."

"Augustus Rookwood? Of the department of ministries."

"Ya ya, the same. He passed information to you know who from inside the ministry itself." He nodded as if to say that his claim was valid.

"Very well. Counsel will deliberate. In the meantime you will be returned to Azkaban."

"NO! WAIT! PLEASE! I have more. Snape, Severus Snape."

Dumbledore stands up and defends Snape. "The counsel is very much aware you have given evidence on this matter. Severus Snape was indeed a deatheater and prior to Lord Voldemort's downfall turned spy for us at great personal risk. Today he's no more a deatheater than I am."