24. muffins n coffee.

a/n: hey. I've been feeling horribly hopeless and shitty but its ok I have dodie clark and regular updates on the gaming channel :,))) if you're going through anything crappy, here! have a calming morning breakfast piece!

-

Dan and Phil were taking three little steps as another pair of feet took eight long ones in between them, the ratio not near equal, but the two parents didn't mind. Dan, Phil, and Lily were out on a chilly autumn morning, snuggled up in scarfs and hats, their ears and noses rosy. The rumble of cars that zoomed by and Dan's faint humming were the sounds of their morning walk. They were on their way to a cozy cafe for coffee and muffins. It was one of those mornings, where they got all dressed up and ready and went out for family time. It was Dan and Phil's favorite time, to say the least.

Dan and Phil paused as one-year-old Lily stopped in her tracks to gaze at a large colorful painting in an art shop, her little eyes twinkling. "Wow!" she exclaimed.

The couple grinned. "Wow" had been Lily's first word since a couple of months ago, and she would blurt it out at anything and everything. It was so adorable to them, and they were proud to say it was the first word she'd learned.

"Wow," agreed Phil, caressing the little hand that he was clasping.

"C'mon, baby, the cafe's just around the corner," said Dan, tugging on the little hand that he was holding.

"O'tay, Daddy," cheered Lily, and Dan swore his heart melted.

So, they padded along, Lily in a baby blue hat, a fluffy pom-pom adorning the top, a pink scarf bunched around her neck. Her little boots smacked against the pavement as she scurried along to meet her dads' strides.

When they reached the cafe, they sighed at the warmth and slid into a comfy booth after ordering. Dan settled Lily on his lap, Phil sitting across from them. Of course, it wasn't long until Lily began babbling and singing, muttering "wow!" at the menu and greeting her dads with hi's excessively.

"Hi," they would grin back, squeezing her pink cheek softly.

When the waiter came over with their drinks, Lily shot up from Dan's lap, opening and clenching her hand as a wave. "Hi!" she squealed.

"Hello," laughed the teen waiter, his eyes sparkling.

Lily giggled to herself, her parents beaming, and they muttered thank you's as the waiter set down their coffees.

The waiter strode off, and curiously, Lily poked her little finger towards the coffee in Dan's large mug.

"Oh, don't touch, baby," said Phil, pushing away her finger. "It's very hot. Ouchies."

Lily's bottom lip jutted out for a moment, but it was soon replaced with a smile. "O'tay," she murmured. "Ouchies!"

The parents sighed in relief, miraculously avoiding a tantrum.

They tucked into their steaming mugs and blueberry muffins, Lily treated with a chocolate one.

She giggled excitedly when they placed the muffin in front of her, along with her sippy cup full of milk. "Yummy," was all she said before she grabbed the chocolatey pieces with her fingers.

Dan and Phil grinned at each other, pecking each other's lips before enjoying breakfast in the comforting silence of their little family. Nothing was better than their two favorite things; each other and sweets.