27. minute old baby, minute old dads.

Dan was in love.

Lily Howell-Lester had been born at 2:43am. It was now 6am, and she had been in Dan's arms for hours. He didn't mind- he didn't even blink- sleep was the last thing on his mind. In fact, he never wanted the moment to end.

She was a small little bundle in his arms, rosy cheeks and delicate eyelashes. He couldn't stop gazing at her, and once in awhile he would close his eyes and loll his head back to the ceiling, contemplating how incredible she was. How miraculous her existence was. She was perfect.

When she first came, the tears wouldn't stop. It was all a blur of long embraces with Phil, sips of coffee, laughs, smiles, tears, yawns. And then everything felt like it was going so fast, because before he knew it, he had her against his chest.

"Ohmygod," he gasped, nearly sobbing, taking her in his arms. "Hello, beautiful, oh," he trembled as she squirmed in his arms, her beautiful wide eyes peeking open. "Shh," he cooed shakily, looking up at Phil's teary eyes, and caressed her little cheek with the pad of his giant finger. "Hi, baby."

He pressed a lingering kiss to her forehead, closing his eyes and sighing.

"Daddy's here, Lily."

+

Phil was in awe.

He was feeding Lily for the first time with a bottle. She was so smart already, pulling the nib onto her tongue and latching on quickly without a fuss. Lily being fed wasn't the most significant event, but Phil couldn't help but cry.

"Hi," he would giggle when she looked up at him with her big eyes, and "Aw," he would coo teary eyed when she moved closer to his bare chest. There was something so magical about the way Lily immediately recognized and responded to her papa, who she shared half of her DNA with, which made Phil all sentimental like the sap he is.

When Lily first came, her cries subsided when placed in the warmth of his chest, which he had stripped of his shirt in a millisecond. He tucked her securely, gazing jaw-droppingly to dan, who had his hand over his mouth.

"Lily," he whispered nearly inaudible to the minute old newborn. "You're so beautiful."

"She recognizes you," whispered Dan, seeing the content way she curled up in his chest so quickly, and Phil swallowed a sob.

Now, hours later, he was just as obsessed with her.

"Oh, baby girl," he sighed happily, gazing at her lovingly. "You're already too good to me."

-
a/n: im typing this about 7 months later, and realizing i sound like a sleep deprived lunatic (probably true at the time)

??

hey hope it was okay and I hope everyone's doing good!

have you seen the couple's recent singapore pics? if you're feeling sad go look at those theyre hella cute and dans wearing some expensive ass sandals the lil bitch. phil my little baby angel aw he's so cute. but eh i guess the rats okay i mean theyre both wearing shorts its a win win sitch here

anyways im on spring break i went to the desert to hang w some cacti and they had hella therapeutic natural spring pools but they were full of annoying ass little kids ew. but its ok like 927289 bunnies came to visit my campsite. and there were cute frogs.

tomorrow imma go to some batting cages and shop for a new uke and go to a bakery and then go to a open mic poetry night! im feeling pretty happy compared to like last week it was the closest ive ever gotten to

bUT ANYWAYS i hope you're happy and not sad and go listen to something by dodie clark and paint something utterly pointless. i reccomend.

i should probably get some sleep. love yall