29. brown-eyed best friends.

heck, sorry this is so late im a mess

HAVE SOME LIL CADILY FLUFF tHo

-

Lily couldn't stop staring at her.

Cadence and Lily were walking on the crosswalk after school, their arms brushing. The feel of the soft skin of her favorite person against hers made her blush.

They were headed to the park by their school, and Lily was probably supposed to be watching where she was walking, but Cadence had her hair down today, and it was the prettiest thing she had ever seen. Okay, maybe she over excessively obsessed over her best friend, but everyone did that... right? Something made Lily know deep down inside that she felt a different kind of affection, but they were only fourteen.

That didn't necessarily stop Lily, as she kept gazing at her, not even embarrassed at how captivated she was. It was picture day, and Cadence had put on a bit of mascara, which was unlike her. But God, it made all the difference. She never wore makeup, and her eyes popped and showed off her gorgeous brown eyes that Cadence somehow hated.

Anyways, Cadence had been rambling on about something, but Lily didn't notice until something she said caught her attention. "-even though I look like crap today..." murmured Cadence, breaking Lily from her thoughts.

"Cadence, I swear to God," said Lily firmly, interrupting her, "if you say that one more time, I'm killing your ass."

Cadence sighed. "The makeup is just not me."

"How many times do I have to tell you that it is you?" said Lily, looking at her, raising her eyebrows. "It just makes your pretty features more noticeable. So everyone can see them!"

"I don't want everyone looking at my face."

Lily sighed. "I'm done arguing with you." They stepped onto the pavement. "I'm just saying- if I were you, I would take advantage of it."

"Yeah, okay," said Cadence, rolling her eyes and smiling.

"I can't believe you," said Lily incredulously, grinning.

"It's not like you have anything worse," mumbled Cadence.

"Shut up," whispered Lily, blushing and trying not to smile.

"Oh?" teased Cadence. "Is someone about to sound like a hypocrite?"

"Not saying anything," said Lily stoutly.

"Exactly."

-

"Come on," urged Cadence, grabbing Lily by the hand and pulling her. It made Lily's tummy flutter.

They ran towards an ice cream truck, getting in line. "What do you want?" murmured Cadence, smirking. She took out a couple of bills. Lily grinned at her as a way of saying thanks. It was a wide grin, squinted eyes and all. Cadence always took it and appreciated it.

"Chocolate, please," she sang.

They soon sat on a grassy hill at the park, their legs pressed together. Occasionally they would tap each other's toes back and forth while they ate their ice cream.

"You know, I only use our friendship for free ice cream," teased Lily. "Just thought I'd let you know."

"Sure," said Cadence, rolling her eyes.

"Just kidding," cooed Lily, leaning over to squish her freckled, rosy cheeks with her fingers. "I use you for ice cream and compliments. Compliments that aren't true, but they still make me feel nice."

"Aw, I'm glad," said Cadence sarcastically, licking her ice cream. "Even if you think the compliments aren't real. But whatever. Believe what you want."

"Lies."

"Are we starting this argument again?" inquired Cadence.

"Nope," stated Lily, brushing off her hands and laying back onto the grass. She closed her eyes. "'M going to sleep."

"Okie dokie. Night-night," smiled Cadence softly.

"Read me something," whispered Lily.

Cadence wrote a lot. Lily loved her pieces, Cadence not so much. It wasn't the first thing they didn't agree on.

"No," said Cadence.

"Yes."

"No."

"Please?"

"Fine, you whiny thing," mumbled Cadence.

Lily grinned one of her thank-you grins.

Cadence ended up reading her one of her poems. She knew Lily liked them. She didn't even have to ask.

Lily loved the first couple of lines, she really did, but the rest went through one ear and out the other.

She caught herself staring at Cadence again, at her chocolate set of eyes and hair. It reminded her of her dad's.

She wondered if he ever stared at his best friend like she stared at hers.

Ha, what were the chances of that?

-

;)))))