5. christmas morning.

A/N: YES. even though it might me january, feburary, march, april, may, june, july, august, september, october, (and if you don't celebrate early) november. or of you don't celebrate christmas. :
-
Dan woke up groggily, squinting his eyes and rubbing them with his fist. He sighed, rolling over and outstretching his arm. His arm hit the flat mattress, and his eyes opened in confusion.

He could faintly hear Christmas music, and Phil's voice softly talking to Lily across the hall.
It dawned on Dan that it was Christmas, and he smiled and sat up.

"Phil?" Dan called.

Dan could hear Phil gasp to Lily, and footsteps padding to the room. "Daddy's awake!" He cooed to Lily. "Do you want to see Daddy? Shall we wish him a Happy Christmas?"

Although she was oblivious to what Phil was saying, (except for maybe the traces of 'dada' she might've picked up), she giggled and gave little pants of excitement.

The footsteps paused as they reached the door, and Phil outstreched his arms and poked Lily's head out the side of the door, so her little head was peeking out at Dan.

Her eyes caught Dan's, and she squirmed and giggled.

Dan gasped, a big smile on his face. "Hi, baby," he cooed.

Phil stepped out from behind the door, carrying Lily and laughing. "Happy Christmas!" he exclaimed, waving Lily's arms. Lily giggled and Phil kissed her cheek. "You're such a happy baby. Just like your Papa."

Dan chuckled. "Happy Christmas," he said.

"Should we go give Daddy a cuddle? Should we?" He rubbed her tummy.

"Dada," she squealed.

"Yeah," laughed Phil. "We'll give dada a cuddle."

Phil layed Lily down, who was clad in a festive onesie, with little Christmas tree and snowmen patterns. She snuggled into Dan's shoulder, crawling into Dan's warmth.

Dan and Phil both smiled, and Dan kissed her head. Phil climbed into bed next to Dan.

"Hi," giggled Dan, and Phil laughed as he pressed his lips into Dan's.

"What's this, our 15th Christmas together?" grinned Dan.

"Yep," said Phil, intertwining his hand with Dan's and smiling. "I'm still missing that fluffy hat and mitten set," he laughed.

"Phil, im not a teenager anymore," Dan said.

"I know. But you're an adult now, and the best dad."

Dan pecked his lips again. "Mmm, I love you."

"I love you too. Merry Christmas."