17. . a box of compressed tissue.

"Alright," Dan sighed to himself, gazing at the dozens of boxes in front of him. It was late, and Dan was in an aisle at Tesco's. The sign at the end of it read Feminine Supplies.

Women aren't the only ones to have periods, he grumbled to himself, but shook off the thought. Right, period stuff.

Dan was indeed buying pads for his daughter. He was smart enough to not buy her tampons right away, because he couldn't even imagine having to go though TSS. So, here he was, in no rush to figure out which ones to buy, because Lily hadn't even gotten her period yet.

Dan figured he'd be prepared. He wanted to be sure he was ready, because kids thought their parents always knew what to do. So, while Phil took Lily out on a little date, he decided to picked them up before the day actually came.

After finally choosing a box, he strode out of the aisle, making his way towards the registers. Dan had a feeling of pride, knowing he was defying gender stereotypes of a mother's special moment when her daughter gets her period, or some shit like that.

He had no reason to feel embarrassed whatsoever, and he didn't understand how other dads could, because he was simply a parent buying a basic necessity for his daughter.

So, he strutted up to a register, the clerk being a young teenager. Alex, read the name tag on the boy's shirt.

"Just this, please," said Dan cheerily, handing the box to him. The boy took it from Dan, making a face of slight disgust, and holding the box as if it were a dead squirrel.

"Jesus Christ," said Dan under his breath as the boy rang it up. "It's literally just a box full of compressed tissue."

The boy rolled his eyes, bagging the box, but Dan saw a tint of pink on his cheeks. He handed the bag to Dan, and he took it.

"Have a nice night!" Dan called to him as he sauntered off, a smirk on his face.

He loved being a dad.

-

a/n: frida loved writing this chapter

THERE WILL BE A PART 2