Chapter 22

Hello everybody! And here is another chapter! Yay! And It is nearing the end! Sadly. And it will end dad too. But just remember that I don't like sad endings! That should tell you something for when we get to the end. And anyway, this is a short chapter, sorry didn't really know what to do with it. But anyway, I would like to dedicate this chapter to secret-writer-chan! She is a new follower! Yay! Love you secret-writer-chan! Love you guys! Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV: Nobody

"If we hurry, we might be able to catch up with them." Erza said, as the group ran through the path in the mountains, heading straight for the Magic Council.

"Why didn't we just take the train?" Gray complained as they ran.

"Though it might have been quicker, there's no way Lucy would have made it to the Magic Council before nightfall." Mira said. "So the Magic Council sent a carriage to get her."

"Then couldn't she just bust out of it and run away?" Gajeel questioned.

"Not necissarily." Levy said. "The Magic Council was told that she could be a threat, they most likely put a spell on the carriage that would make Lucy fall into a deep sleep, keeping her from changing into a wolf."

"That way she wouldn't hurt anyone." Happy said.

"Exactly." Levy said, nodding.

"I wonder how far they got before stopping to-?" Juvia started to say but stopped once she saw something up ahead of the group. It was a carrage.

"We caught up already?" Gray asked.

"That's not possible, she couldn't have traveled more than half a day to get here." Erza said.

"Guys." Natsu said as he stared at the front of the carriage. Everyone walked up to the front and saw the what it was that Natsu got their attention for. The whole front of the carriage was torn apart and there was blood covering most of it.

"Do you think . . . . ?" Levy started to ask about Lucy as she stared at the blood.

"She couldn't have, there's no claw mark on the inside." Gajeel said as he looked inside the carriage. They walked around a bit looking for any clues, where they found a man's body, completely torn to shreds.

"Well that's what's left of the driver." Gray said.

"But where's Lucy?" Happy asked looking over towards the broken down carriage.

"The Natives must have got to her." Erza said.

"But how are we going to find them now?" Juvia asked.

"Could we track them?" Mira asked.

"Their smell is all over the place, there's no way of knowing which way they went." Gajeel said after sniffing the air.

"What are we going to do?" Happy asked.

"Over here!" Natsu said. Everyone walked over to him where he was staring at a tree in an opening where it lead into the woods.

"Are those claw marks?" Gray asked.

"From the Natives." Natsu said.

"Which one of the Natives did this?" Levy said as she walked forwards to look at the claw marks.

"Their kind of small, so it couldn't have been Ethan." Erza said. Everyone looked into the woods to see that there was claw marks on every other tree leading in a path.

"Either this is a trap." Natsu said. "Or someone's helping us."