The truth

Dean's POV
"I love you, Dean." Cas said as he looked me in the eye.

I stood there for a few seconds with my mouth wide open. I never saw this coming. I didn't know what to say or do. All I could is stand here.

"Do you feel the same way about me?" He asked, scared.

I just looked at him, my mouth still wide open. I didn't know what to say. I'm so confused about what to do right now.

I was about to say something but nothing came out so I just closed my mouth.

"Let's just go to the car, Cas." I said after a few seconds.

"Alright." He said, trying to hide the sadness in his voice but I could hear it.

He looked down as we walked to the Impala. He was silent the whole car ride. We arrived at my house a few minutes later and went inside. Cas still didn't say anything to me. He just went straight to his room.

I asked Lisa if she needed anything and she said no. So, I went upstairs and lied on my bed. I let out an long sigh and closed my eyes for a few seconds.

I got up from my bed and walked to the bathroom. I had to wash my face. I turned on the water and put my hands under the cool water. I waited 10 seconds and I didn't have a tail. I let out a happy laugh.

I turned off the faucet and walked into Cas' room. I opened the door and Cas was just staring at the ceiling.

"Cas! I think it worked. I don't have a tail anymore so maybe you have your tail back. Try it now!" I explained excitedly.

He got up without looking at me and walked into his bathroom. He came out a few minutes later with a sad look.

"It didn't work. I still don't have a tail." He explained, sadness seeping through his voice.

"I'm sorry I made you kiss me for something that didn't even work." He said sadly and looked down.

I walked over to him and embraced him tightly. He hugged me back and cried into my chest.

"Cas, it's ok. We'll find a way to get both you and Lisa's tails back. I promise." I said softly.

I felt him nod but he didn't stop crying.

"Hey, what's wrong? Huh, buddy?" I asked softly.

It took him a few minutes but he stopped crying and looked at me.

"Dean, I really do love you. I just wish you felt the same way towards me." He said and started crying again.

He turned his back to me. I felt my heart breaking. I hated seeing him like this.

"Cas, I really don't know what to say. I mean, we've only ever just been best friends." I explained.

I got in front of him and lifted his chin with my finger.

"If we were just friends, you wouldn't have kissed me and acted like nothing happened afterwards. I'm pretty sure best friends don't do that." He said.

"Cas, the only reason why I kissed you was because that's how you get a mer persons memory back. The second time I kissed you was because I thought it would help get your tail back. It wasn't like I was actually kissing you because I wanted to. I was doing it for a purpose." I explained.

He looked at me with all the hurt in his eyes and his lip started to quiver.

"Ca-" I began but he interrupted me.

"Dean, I would like to be alone right now. Please leave." He said quickly.

"C-" I started before he interrupted me again.

"Leave!" He growled at me.

I slowly back away from him and walked out of his room. I went back into my room and let out the breath I didn't know I was holding in.

Cas' POV
I didn't know why I was so angry. I have never been this angry before in my entire life. I mean, after all, if Dean doesn't feel the same way about me, then why should I give a jellyfish? That's his feelings. You can't change the way a person does or doesn't feel about you.

Maybe it's because I'm in love with Dean but I know he doesn't feel the same way about me. Maybe that's the part that I'm so angry about. Or maybe it's the fact that he keeps saying that we're just friends when we're apparently something more than that. He might not have kissed me because he wanted to but he still kissed me and that changes things a lot!

But even if we do kiss, he's still going to say that we're just friends and maybe that's why I'm so angry right now. There's so many possibilities as to why I'm so angry right now but I'm not sure which one it is.