The next day

{5:00 A.M}
Meg's POV
I woke up super early the next morning to go for a swim. So, I got out of bed, threw on my swimsuit, and took a dip in my pool. I didn't have a tail anymore and it just seems so surreal. I don't think I've ever been this happy in my entire life. I can finally take a swim in my pool without having a tail. I don't have to live in fear of someone finding out my secret. I'm just so happy right now.

An hour later I get out of the pool and take a shower before getting ready for work.

{7:00 A.M}
I was about to leave for work when I my phone rang. I saw who it was and smiled. It was Zachariah.

"Hey Zachariah, what's up?" I asked.

"Hey listen, I'm not going to be in today because there's something I have to do. So, you and Dean are going to be in charge today. Are you ok with that?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's great. We won't let you down. Promise." I said.

"Great, thank you so much. After work I'm going to come over to see you because there's something I need to tell you." He explained.

"Ok. Is it something bad?" I asked.

"We'll talk later, bye." He said before hanging up.

Well, that was weird. I wonder what he wanted to talk to me about. Oh well, I'll find out later.

I get in my car and make my way to work. I arrive at work and head to the life guard pavilion.

I get to the pavilion and Dean is already there. A few other lifeguards are there as well but not all of them.

I walk up to Dean and asked him if Zachariah told him what he needed to do.

"No, he just said that he needed to do something today." He explained.

"Alright." I said.

"So, how was you and Zachariah's date last night?" He whispered.

"It went pretty good. I just wish I could've gone for a swim when he offered." I whispered.

"Yeah, but it's ok now." He whispered.

I nodded and gave him a smile.

~1 hour later~
By now everyone had clocked in and we were ready to start working. Since Dean and I were in charge, Dean had someone fill in for him today at the lifeguard chair. Dean would usually sit at the lifeguard chair but since we're charge, he couldn't today.

A few minutes later the lifeguard blew the whistle and we looked to see who was drowning. There were 6 teenagers being dragged away by the current. All the lifeguard were rushing to go save them.

"Stay here, I'll go." Dean said and rushed in.

Dean's POV
Meg was about to argue with my but I didn't give her time to. I ran into the water, ten seconds later I had my tail. I used my merman speed to get to the teens. I used my trident to control the direction of the current. The current was going right so I pointed my trident to the left. Soon, the current was going left and I grabbed two teens and swam them to shore, went back, grabbed two more teens and swam them to shore again. I did it once more and once I had all the teens on the shore I swam back far away and used my powers to erase everyone's memory about what I just did.

I used my trident to make my tail disappear and swam back to shore. I got back to shore and all the lifeguard were performing CPR. Some teens had started waking up but the rest of them hadn't woken up yet.

I went up to one of the lifeguards who was desperately trying to rescue a teenage girl but he couldn't. I told him that I would take it from there. I nodded and let me do it. I put both my hands on her chest and pressed down. I did mouth to mouth and pressed down on her chest again. Soon, she started coughing and gasping for air. She coughed up a lot of water.

She looked at me and said "thank you."

A lot of all the other parents of the teens kept coming up to me and started thanking me.

"You're welcome, but all the other lifeguards helped in bringing your teens back as well." I told her.

She smiled and thanked all the other lifeguards. They smiled and nodded. The other parents also thanked the other lifeguards.

Once the parents had thanked all the lifeguards we went back to the pavilion and tried to calm down from everything that just happened.

"Dean, are you ok?" Meg asked as soon as she saw me.

"Yes, I'm ok." I smiled.

"That was amazing." She said.

"Thanks." I said.