Chapter Seven

c h a p t e r s e v e n.
t h a t ' s w h a t i t h o u g h t.
m e l o d y r e a g a n.

*T R I G G E R W A R N I N G*

s o n g: h a p p i e r (a t t o p)

I woke up hastily with sweat dripping off my body and my sheets on the floor in a tangled mess.

It was just a dream.

Grabbing my sheets, I threw them back over myself and pulled them up over my face. As a small tear escaped my eye, I knew that I couldn't let my friendship with Shawn continue any further. What if my dream was true and it was the universe trying to tell me that Shawn's just pretending? What if he really is friends with Grace or Dylan, and is apart of this plan to make my life miserable? He probably thinks I'm just a helpless little girl who gets bullied because she's imperfect. I don't understand why people feel the need to harass one person for being different to everybody else, when in reality, everybody is imperfect. Because my whole life, I have never came across anybody who's not done anything wrong. And I can assure you Grace is not perfect. Sure her figure is, and she's beautiful, but her personality isn't. Her passion is to make others miserable no matter what she has to do to achieve it.

And Dylan, the Dylan I loved. He isn't that Dylan anymore. He used to promise me he would never hurt me, mentally or physically, and you see, that's what makes him imperfect. Because he broke his promise.

As I packed my bags for school, I thought about my parents, what are they thinking right now up there? Do they see me hurting and crying every day? I miss them so much. Maybe, if they'd never left me that day, I'd still have them with me, or I'd be up there with them, I wouldn't be alone and I'd have somebody to tell my problems to, my mum would comfort me, and reassure me that everything would be okay. God I miss her. And my dad. So so much.

"I miss you so much mum and dad," I whispered, while stroking the glass of the photo frame that held the picture of what was once, our happy family. I was on my fathers back, whilst my mother was taking the photo on her phone, we had the biggest smiles on our faces. I wish I could see their smiles one last time.

Wiping the stray tears that fell from my eyes, I threw on a plain black hoodie to hide the scars on my arm and my black jeans, then pairing them with my black vans, I guess this colour just describes how I feel on a daily basis. Throwing my brunette hair into a messy bun, I swiped a coat of mascara onto my lashes and some tinted lip balm. I don't know why I even try, I guess I just felt like feeling even the slightest bit comfortable today.

I wasn't hungry today so I skipped breakfast and sat down on my couch to read a book while I waited.

Ping!

Groaning from my comfortable space on my couch, I made my way to the kitchen table to get my phone

(1) Unread Message

From Shawn:
Hey Melody! I've noticed you always walk to school every day, so I was wondering if you maybe wanted a lift? If you'd prefer to walk I won't feel offended, just thought I'd ask :)

To Shawn:
Hey Shawn, yeah sure that'd be great thanks!

S
What's your address for me to lift you?

He can't know where I live. He'd make fun of me, and I'd have to try and explain why I live here. I'll get him to lift me at the local coffee shop, giving me time to get there.

M
Can you just lift me at the local coffee shop please?

S
Of course, but are you sure, I don't mind lifting you at your house?