The Disaster

~Chapter 1~

Chi's P.O.V Age 7

I was walking with my mother. She was holding my hand. She smiled at me, which I returned. We lived in the forest. My mother always enjoyed the peace, as did I. She led me to the garden, and let go of my hand. We began to pull out the weeds.

After we were done, we started with the laundry. Our days were filled with simple chores. Mother did most of them, while I helped with some. Mother did the cooking since I barely could reach the stove, and I would probably burn the house.

As a child I was usually silent, but overtime that started to change. As I grew I started to ask questions. The one question that my mother always was against was 'Who is my father?' My mother never answered that question.

Someone knocked on the door. I went to get it, seeing mother busy.

"Sorry to bother you young lady, is Kuro Hakakashi here?" Asked the man. I nodded.

"Mother some one wants to see you." I said, and looked in mothers direction. She smiled, nodded, and walked over here. I left them to talk. When mother came back to the kitchen, I started to ask what anyone would ask.

"Who was that?" I asked. She looked at me and gave me a motherly smile.

"No one important." She said, and I nodded. I looked outside. It was starting to get dark.

"Chi, go take a bath." Mother said, and I nodded. Once I was out of the bathroom, mother was waiting on the sofa where she usually was seated after my bath. I sat next to her, and she began to brush my long silver hair. My mother had silky black hair. 

She said my father didn't have silver hair, it was a mystery where I got it from. The one thing I got from my mother that really stood out were my eyes. My mother had golden eyes, that most of the time looked kind, but when she was mad or angry she had a piercing glare.

My mother has asked numerous times if I wanted to become a ninja, but I always said no. For me to become a ninja, we would have to move away from were we live to get close to the academy, and I would see mother less.

I wanted to live a simple life anyways. Mother didn't really care for my decision, but in the end it worked out. After she finished brushing my hair I went to bed, as usual.

The next day mother and I finished doing our chores early, so I went to visit my friend who lives in the village. Its a half an hour walk, but it didn't bother me. Before I left, I smiled as mother checked if I wasn't wearing anything that will leave me cold while walking. I smiled again as my mother rolled my sleeves down.

She smiled and waved of.

"Be safe, Chi." My mother said, and I smiled and waved. My mother was also known to be the silent type, but sometimes we get a little talkative. Soon I finally made it to my friends house. She was a 9 year old girl, named Ami. She was a ninja. She told me she was stronger than many of the kids, she even graduated early.

 When I came to her house, her mother greeted me.

"Chi, its so nice to see you, Ami isn't home, but she should be coming home now, why don't you come in." Ami's mother always was kind. I nodded and came in. She offered me food, which I gladly accepted. Ami's mom always wanted to be a chef, however her father forced her to become a shinobi, something about their kekkai gekkai. 

Right when I finished eating, I heard a door open. I turned my head to see Ami there. She smiled when she saw me, and I smiled back.

"Hey Chi!" She yelled. Ami always was a loud and spirited girl.