Chapter Fifteen

"Good game little nigga." Grayson said dapping him.

"Thanks." Rome said nodding.

"Aye what's up with ya moms?" Jerome asked eyeing her.

"What?" Rome asked. "Shes in a relationship."

"Last time I checked they ain't married and can break up at any time." Jerome said shaking his head.

"I can't let you talk about my mother." Rome said.

"Ok, and I'm not talking about her. She's dead. That's me talking about her." Jerome said sitting up. "Right?"

"Well yeah, but she raised me so I'm not just gonna stop saying she's my mother." Rome said.

"You wanna know something?" Grayson asked Rome. He shrugged and scratched his head.

"I don't like this nigga." He said pointing at Jerome. "You shouldn't be here. And I mean that in two ways. 1. Grace shouldn't have been fucking with stupid niggas. 2. Grace should be here looking after you, and not in New York."

"Actually Grace was gonna put the baby up for adoption." Jerome said. "Now as your dad I wouldn't have let it happen, but if I wasn't, well we wouldn't be having this conversation, and Kelly would be playing daddy."

"Ok, you don't fucking like me. What's the point of you telling me this?" Rome asked angrily.

Jerome laughed and playfully punched Grayson. "He said fucking."

Rome rolled his eyes and turned to leave. "No don't leave." Grayson said. "We just fucking with you."

"I wasn't." Jerome said. "But you're mine and that's all that matters."

"Really?"

"Yeah she was young and scared." Jerome said. "She was talking about an abortion at one point, but couldn't do it."

"An abortion?"

"I actually don't remember. I only remember the good parts. Like her saying she was pregnant, and you telling me she still loved me, and beating Kelly's ass."

"You remember more than that." Rome said.

"Yeah, but not infront of Grayson." Jerome leaned forward. "The bitch cheated on me and that's why the whole baby daddy shit came up."

Grayson punched Jerome's shit. "You fucking suck at whispering."

"She really did?" Rome asked looking at Jess. Her and Camiella were laughing and Chez joined them followed by a point in their direction.

"Yeah. She cheated on me and broke my heart."

"Other way around." Grayson said. "What he won't admit is that he was never faithful."

"I actually was. There was a period in our nine months of knowing each other that I was completely faithful."

"Deira was always there."

"We weren't fucking though. She took care of Saint." Jerome argued.

"What's up man?" Rome asked dapping Chez.

"Mel throwing a party at his house. A couple of the boys getting a ride with Theo, you coming?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "I already told you mom you were coming to my place for a few hours."

"Yeah." He said. "Let me finish up here and give my mom my things."

"So that's how you do?"

"What?"

"You lie? Shouldn't Jess know where you're going?"

"Not like you're gonna snitch." Rome said smartly. "Thanks for coming by the way. I like the support."