Prologue

"-yes John, it's been 15 years on this very day since Grace Walker went missing. Grace graduated top in her high school class and received a full scholarship to Howard. She was kidnapped from her house at approximately 5:00 in the afternoon after being dropped off by her bestfriend. Her boyfriend went missing around the same time, they say he was the last 0erson she had contact with, but she had recently been staying with a friend after her and her father fell out over her pregnancy. Her father and brother both say they hadn't been in contact with her the previous two weeks-"

"What you watching, RoRo?" Jessica asked coming downstairs.

"-All that was left behind from her was her phone. Police are still looking for her. If you have any leads call the number below-"

"They still looking for this girl?" She asked sitting next to him.

"Looks like it." He told her turning the TV down. "I hope her and her baby are alright."

"I do, too." Jessica said taking the remote.

"Ma I'm watching TV." Rome complained.

"Boy go get ready for your game if you going." She told him. He smacked and got up. "Smack again."

"Is dad coming?"

"Yeah he's coming after work." Jessica changed the channel and picked her phone up.

"Is Monique coming?"

"Of course that's your sister." Jessica said. "Why?"

"Nothing." He groaned turning around. "She-nevermind." He went up to his room and Jessica sighed searching through the guide."

"Hey mom can I go to Arielle's house?" Monique asked coming downstairs.

"Uh no. You gotta go to your brothers game tonight." Monique growled and stomped up to her room slamming her door. "Imma beat ha' ass! Imma do it." Jessica told herself.

Jessica got a call from her boyfriend, D'Angelo, and hesitated to answer. "Hello?"

"Hey babe, when is Rome's game again?"

"7:00. You'll be there right?"

"Yeah, but tell him I'm not. I wanna surprise him." He said laughing.

"Damn, ok." She said hearing footsteps. "I'll tell him."

Jessica hung up and smacked. "What's up ma?" Rome asked coming downstairs changed into his pregame gear.

"Your dad can't make it." He slumped over and forrowed his eyebrows. "But he said he wants you to do your best and don't worry he'll make it to one." Jessica lied.

"Oh. Well I guess it's ok. No need to get my hopes up next time." He said standing up. "I'm ready to go."

"Ok go get ya sister and turn the lights off. I'll be in the car."

"Alright." Rome said diverting to the right and heading up the spiral staircase.

"I got your bag baby." She told him walking out. She sat in the car for five minutes before Rome and Monique came running out.

"What's wrong with you guys?" Jess asked.

"We were racing for shotgun." Monique said buckling up.

"Oh, tell me something." Jess mumbled backing out. "Ok so you already know I have to hit you with the pregame speech."

"I'm ready."

"Oh brother."

"Shut up Nique."