Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Man I hope you little niggas enjoyed yourselves." Jerome ranted. "1100 dollars? You only went to six stores. What the fuck did your little dirty asses buy?"

"Oh calm down." Cam said. "You didn't cap us, consider yourself lucky we stopped when we did."

"You didn't cap us consider yourself lucky." He mocked. "How about I beat your ass and see if you keep talking to me like that."

Cam turned away scoffing and walking away. Rome just sat on his phone trying to eliminate his presence and hide.

"And where's Rome?" Jerome asked. Rome took his chance and slipped out the back. "Cam!"

"I don't know!" She yelled back. "He was downstairs with me!"

"Lil girl imma-" she slammed her door and Jerome bit down on his lip. "Lord give me strength. I'm tryna change, but she making it hard."

Jerome stepped outside and caught Rome walking down the street. "Bring yo ass back here boy!" He hollered. "You think you slick."

Rome walked up shaking in his shoes. "It wasn't my fault. I swear."

"I'm not mad at you." He said laughing. "Just Cam. She always overdoes it. That's why she doesn't have her own card."

"Oh." Rome said in relief.

"Nah I'm fucking with you." He said seriously. "How you let her but all that I expect you little niggas to be responsible going in there spending all that money! 1100 dollars! I can pay three bills and get my oil changed with that much!"

"I'm sorry!" He exclaimed and a scared tone backing up. "I only bought a shirt. Cam got everything else."

"Well that sucks because now you're both in trouble." He said grabbing his ear. "Get in here and go to your room."

"Ok ok ok." He whined pulling away and going to his room.

He sat on his bed and layed back on his phone. "Stupid Cam. Getting me in trouble. This is supposed to be fun."

"Aye Rome," Jerome said bursting in. "I'm going somewhere."

"Ok." He said. "Bye."

Jerome closed the door and five minutes later Cam walked in.

"Wanna go to a party with me tonight?" She asked.

"Sure." Rome said switching over to Snapchat. He checked his story and sent streaks out.

"Um." Cam said.

"What?" Rome asked looking at her.

"Why are you just sitting there?"

"What time does that party start?"

"Nine."

"Great it's four. Got pently of time for a nap." He said covering up.

"Whatever. You better not embarrass me." She said. "I hope you know how to get hoes."

"Not interested in them."

"Not what it seemed like to me went Nova was all on you."

"She not special," Rome said. "What's the beef between you two anyways?"

"We just don't click. We were friends but our relationship was akward and it always seemed like she was closer to my boyfriend's than me until I found out she was actually talking with them behind my back. After that shit went downhill. To protect myself I started dating Ryan, but she didn't like that and we fought like three times. And I won two and she jumped me for the second one. Ryan keeps her in check now since we're "in love" and everything."