Fellowship of The Ring

Huntress made her way down the steps from one of the highest buildings in Rivendell. Having heard news that an old friend of her and her brother had arrived. Since Elrond was bringing together the people of Middle Earth to help stop the orcs, the leading council members were supposed to come. 

The blonde elf had barely had time to get off his white horse at the entrance of Rivendell before Huntress threw her arms around him, "Legolas!" 

Legolas laughed happily, putting his arms around her and lifting her off the ground, swinging her around. Legolas Greenleaf and Huntress were very good friend, and if you didn't know them personally, then you would've thought that they were more than friends. Though they really weren't.

"I'm glad to see you too, Alaina," Legolas chuckled, placing her on the ground. "I'm just sorry it's under such dark times."

~~~~~~

"Strangers from distant lands ... friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite... or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate... this one doom..." Elrond spoke in front of the council, a council made up of dwarves, elves and men. Along with Gandalf and Frodo, whose feet didn't even reach the ground.

Alaina sat next to her brother as she listened closely to Elrond's words and the tone in his voice. From a chair across the circle, Legolas sat there, taking small glances at Alaina, who looked more beautiful than ever.

Elrond then turned to Frodo, "Bring forth the ring, Frodo."

Frodo fearfully walked forward and placed the gold ring onto a stone podium in the center of the circle of chairs. Alaina watched as one of the men, who she had heard was named Boromir spoke quietly, "So it is true."

Legolas had a look of disbelief and the leader of the dwarves, Gimli, son of Gloin gasped, "The doom of man!"

Alaina watched as it captured all of the council member's attention. They couldn't keep their eyes off it. But Alaina's eyes were on Frodo, who sighed of relief as he sat back down.

It was quiet for a moment, and Boromir was the first to stand and he begun muttering about a dream, stepping closer to the ring. Alaina wasn't paying attention to what he was saying, only how his hand was reaching for the ring. 

Elrond and Gandalf both stood as his hand got closer. "Boromir!" Elrond yelled out, but it was over masked by Gandalf's dark magic chant, which clouded the skies with darkness.

The elves seemed to be affected by the chant and Boromir sat back down in his seat, a fearful look on his face. Elrond turned towards Gandalf "Never before has anyone ever muttered that tongue here," he seemed angry.

Gandalf only nodded, continuing to sit down. Alaina looked at her brother cautiously, giving him an uneasy look. Everyone's attention was brought back to Boromir as he began speaking again, "It is a gift...a gift to the foes of Mordor! Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, held the forces of Mordor at bay...by the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy...let us use it against him!"

Alaina rolled her eyes, speaking out loud, "You can not wield it! None of us can."

Boromir turned his head towards her coolly, almost looking down on her. Strider didn't like the look to he stood up for her, finishing her words, "The one ring answers to Sauron alone...it has no other master." He spoke fiercely, looking into Boromir's eyes.

Boromir scoffed, "And what would a couple rangers know of this matter?"

Alaina wasn't quick enough to give Legolas to signal to leave it alone, the blonde elf stood up behind Boromir, "Those are no mere Rangers. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn and that's his sister, Alaina. You owe them your allegiance."

Boromir turns back to them sharply, "Aragorn? Alaina? These are Isildur's heirs?"

Legolas spoke once more, "And heirs to the throne of Gondor."

"Havo dad, Legolas," Alaina spoke calmly.

Boromir clenched his teeth, turning to Legolas, "Gondor needs no king," he walked back to his seat, eyeing Alaina, "Or queen." He said with disgust. Alaina almost stood to jump at him but Aragorn sensed it, gently putting his hand on her wrist.

Gandalf spoke, his hands clasped in his lap, "Aragorn and Alaina are right. We cannot use it."

Elrond then stood, "You have only one choice, the ring must be destroyed." He looked around at the group. "It must be taken to Mount Doom, the only place that it can be destroyed. Cast it in the fires."

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust...the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly." Boromir said.

Legolas's eyebrows furrowed in, "Have you not heard anything Lord Elrond has said? It must be destroyed."

Gimli became angry, turning to Legolas, "And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?"

Boromir spoke before Legolas could reply to the dwarf, "And if we fail, what then? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?"

"What an optimistic guy," Alaina muttered causing a smile to play at Aragorn's lips.

Gimli kept his focus on Legolas, leaping to his feet, "I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf!"

Then the elves stood, and the rest of the dwarves. And the men. The only ones sitting were Elrond, Aragorn, Alaina and Frodo. Though Frodo was eyeing the ring uneasily.

Alaina and Aragorn were whispering to each other in Elvish. Speaking about what they should do. Frodo then stood and said something nobody could hear over the voices. Alaina stopped whispering to Aragorn and turned towards the hobbit, finally hearing him when he spoke louder, "I will take the ring to Mordor."

The room went silent, everyone turned towards the little hobbit. Frodo stared at all of them, fear beginning to show on his face, "Though... I do not know the way."

Gandalf was the first to step forward, "I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear."

Aragorn was the next to stand and walk towards Frodo, "If, by my life or death, I can protect you, I will." He knelt down in front of the hobbit, "You have my sword."

Alaina sighed as it went silent once more, "And you have my knives." She stepped forward, taking her place behind Frodo and next to Aragorn.

Legolas was quick to respond after Alaina and Aragorn volunteered, "And you have my bow."

Then, to much of Legolas' annoyance, Gimli stepped forward, "And my axe!"

Alaina was hoping more than anything that Boromir wouldn't volunteer, but then he stepped forward. "You carry the fate of us all, little one. If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done."

Gondor deserves better, Alaina thought.

Then Sam popped out of the bushes, "Here! Mr. Frodo's not going anywhere without me." He ran to Frodo's side. Alaina smiled at the gesture.

Elrond smiled at them both, "No, Indeed...it is hardly possible to separate you...even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not."

Then Merry and Pippin jumped out from behind another statue, "Oi! We're coming too! You'll have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us." Merry called out.

They both ran to Sam and Frodo's side, "Anyway...you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission... quest... thing..." Pippin said, finding his words.

Merry crossed his arms, "Well that rules you out, Pip."

Elrond looked at the group, "Nine companions ... so be it. You shall be the 'Fellowship of The Ring'."

Then it went silent, and Alaina felt that it was time for a joke. "Great. Now were all standing. Bunch of jackasses standing in a circle." Alaina said with a sarcastic tone in her voice.

Most of the people in the room glared at her but she could hear Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas chuckling beside her, though they were trying to hide it.